Questyle QP2R Loaner Program!
Apr 4, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #17 of 71
Tasty lunch!
So, I built Herb’s design exactly... it hit my sweet spot perfectly. I did eventually fool around with his design but they all fell short of the original. Cut and try and report. The rag is gone but the “Joe Net” is still around and active thank goodness.
We are all a bit older but the heartbeats of true solder slingers still abides.
Did I say oh boy a new toy!
Questyle Oh Boy!!!!!
Phil
Santa Fe
K5SSR

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #18 of 71
Thank you very much, @Todd; much appreciated!

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #19 of 71
The QP2R is shipping out today... ENJOY this loaner program! There are 2 places to download music into the QP2R. I put one of my cards with music on it. Please do not erase that music - You can download directly onto the QP2R storage. If you have questions you can call us at 406-285-3910

Todd

Apr 6, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #20 of 71
The QP2R is shipping out today... ENJOY this loaner program! There are 2 places to download music into the QP2R. I put one of my cards with music on it. Please do not erase that music - You can download directly onto the QP2R storage. If you have questions you can call us at 406-285-3910

Todd
Is the first destination, first on your posted list & so on?

Apr 14, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #21 of 71
This portable music stuff, for me, started back in the 60's with a Norelco cassette player. I was very mobile at that time living in my VW bus traveling up and down the west coast of Calif chasing surf and girls. In truth finding more surf than girls. But the music at that time was wonderful. Concerts, small venues and parties at various peoples homes. I thought nothing of going to a Dead concert in Golden Gate Park one day and hearing The Airplane the next. The west coast was awash with music but everything was recorded and released on records and that did not fit my traveling style.
The Norelco/ Philips cassette player was introduced around 1965 ish and I had one in my bus around 1967. I hooked it up to the AM/FM radio and it played tapes very nicely thank you. The Beatles released Sgt Pepper in may of 1967 and a few months later the album was released on cassette. I was in heaven. It sounded OK, not great but it worked.
Since then the quest for portable music has not diminished although my mobility has. There is no VW Mirco Bus and I live in the high desert of New Mexico. No surf here.

I got involved with Tyle and Todd building bags to carry players, amps and batteries back when they started Headroom. The iPod was not released at that time. It was the Radio Shack 3400 battery operated CD player and a pair of Joe Grado headphones. Which by the way sounded really very good when coupled up with the first Headroom amp. I might have been a diy kit of some sort can't really remember. But it took the load off the 3400 internal amp and drove the Grados properly. This was for me, the first really good portable stereo I had ever heard.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/radio-shack-optimus-cd-3400-portable-cd-player-tellig-again

I'll continue later...

Apr 14, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #22 of 71
This portable music stuff, for me, started back in the 60's with a Norelco cassette player. I was very mobile at that time living in my VW bus traveling up and down the west coast of Calif chasing surf and girls. In truth finding more surf than girls. But the music at that time was wonderful. Concerts, small venues and parties at various peoples homes. I thought nothing of going to a Dead concert in Golden Gate Park one day and hearing The Airplane the next. The west coast was awash with music but everything was recorded and released on records and that did not fit my traveling style.
The Norelco/ Philips cassette player was introduced around 1965 ish and I had one in my bus around 1967. I hooked it up to the AM/FM radio and it played tapes very nicely thank you. The Beatles released Sgt Pepper in may of 1967 and a few months later the album was released on cassette. I was in heaven. It sounded OK, not great but it worked.
Since then the quest for portable music has not diminished although my mobility has. There is no VW Mirco Bus and I live in the high desert of New Mexico. No surf here.

I got involved with Tyle and Todd building bags to carry players, amps and batteries back when they started Headroom. The iPod was not released at that time. It was the Radio Shack 3400 battery operated CD player and a pair of Joe Grado headphones. Which by the way sounded really very good when coupled up with the first Headroom amp. I might have been a diy kit of some sort can't really remember. But it took the load off the 3400 internal amp and drove the Grados properly. This was for me, the first really good portable stereo I had ever heard.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/radio-shack-optimus-cd-3400-portable-cd-player-tellig-again

I'll continue later...
Did you ever learn who made it for RS?
@amn famous it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back