Questyle QP1
Aug 29, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #3,856 of 4,272
Myself didn't see a big need for USB DAC function as my music was on the dap and when at home I had Tidal from my desktop setup then it hit me when traveling I have streaming outputed to the QP1R now from my laptop and will get a cable and see if my iPhone will do it too. They just made a awesome DAP even that more awesomer.

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #3,858 of 4,272
Oh man this could be what I was waiting for, can anyone tell me if the usb dac function is better than the ak implementation.  On ak after a while there would be a lot of lag in audio,the audio would be about 5-10 seconds behind what happens in windows.  also has anyone tested it with iPhone?

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #3,864 of 4,272
Hey, thanks for the suggestion about artists and seeing their albums. I have started compiling a list of suggestions for the qp1r in future firmware and have added your idea!

Since you are building a list, please add the ability to name a playlist and to edit the playlists name. The current method of naming them all Playlist with a sequence number doesn't help me remember what is in each list.

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #3,866 of 4,272
Bruce. I don't see an update for the QP1 on the Drive section of the Questyle website. Do I use the QP1R software update? I seem to remember someone bricking their QP1 player by doing that. Is there another location for the QP1 software? Thanks.

Do not use the QP1R firmware on a QP1 for risk of bricking the player. Historically the QP1R firmware comes out before the QP1's so you probably just have a little longer to wait.

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #3,867 of 4,272
Since you are building a list, please add the ability to name a playlist and to edit the playlists name. The current method of naming them all Playlist with a sequence number doesn't help me remember what is in each list.

Hmm, if I think about it going through the alphabet with the wheel to name it would kind of remind me of entering my name in the high score of an arcade machine. 
basshead.gif

But yeah that is a pretty helpful suggestion and it would help identify playlists!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 31, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #3,868 of 4,272
  Hmm, if I think about it going through the alphabet with the wheel to name it would kind of remind me of entering my name in the high score of an arcade machine. 
basshead.gif

But yeah that is a pretty helpful suggestion and it would help identify playlists!

I'm almost fully happy with QP1R - just one small caveat. Please add song titles! Why, oh why is this DAP using file names as song titles? 
BTW. USB DAC works great :)

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #3,870 of 4,272
i have ZX2 , thinking of trying out either P1 or QP1R 

which is the 'better' one in terms of sound quality/performance ?

thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back