Questyle QP1
Mar 11, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #3,466 of 4,272
  The battery indicator is still erratic with the latest firmware (jumping from 60% back to 100%). Is it only me?

Mine not getting the proper charging level, eg. it would stay at 30% after half and hour (unit was off), then need to on and off again to reflect the correct battery level.

If let it be, it would jump to 70% (+/-) maybe after two hrs or so (didn't really monitor closely, maybe there was interval level before that). Though after full charge, it still lasts for 8-9hrs playback.

I am suspecting firmware issue, just gonna see next firmware update will fix this.

Mar 11, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #3,467 of 4,272
Hi,

I'm hesitating between some DAP including the Questyle Q1Pr. First question what is the difference between Q1 and Q1Pr ? Is the firmware stable and mature ? Is it updated frequently ?

What do you think about this DAP in comparison of the FiiO X7, the SOUNDAWARE M1PRO or the L5PRO ?

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #3,468 of 4,272
  Hi,

I'm hesitating between some DAP including the Questyle Q1Pr. First question what is the difference between Q1 and Q1Pr ? Is the firmware stable and mature ? Is it updated frequently ?

What do you think about this DAP in comparison of the FiiO X7, the SOUNDAWARE M1PRO or the L5PRO ?

I have not heard the QP1 but I own the QP1R. From what I gather from others is the R is for reference for a reason. I think the only difference is sound quality . I have not heard any of the Daps in your list so no comment from me but in the Ether-C thread the X-7 was said to not being even close in sound quality . The X-7 can do streaming and lots of other goodies but if it doesn't sound as good as the QP1R then it's not for me. I have heard several A&K multi $1000 ones and even if I had the money I would pic the QP1R . I'm trying to find desktop components that can give me that sound but have not yet. Maybe at CanJam I can find something close but I bet it won't be less than $900. 

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #3,471 of 4,272
  It would be great to have some feedbacks about the sound difference between the Q1 and Q1Pr as the price is also quite different !

In either this thread, or @moedawg140QP1R thread, I recall a quote: "more of a night and dawn, rather than a night and day difference."   (Loosely quoted, of course).  I bought the 'R' version mainly because being an obsessive sort, I didn't want to be wondering what I missed if I'd bought the 'just 1' version.
Certainly blew my X5(I) out of the water, and I don't feel the need to use my external amps, any more.
DHT, but I tried.  Good luck.

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #3,472 of 4,272
Hi guys,

Totally new here as I just got my QP1R. One question about playlists that my searches couldn't turn up an answer to is this:

I've been able to export an M3U formatted playlist out of JRiver and make the changes needed to make the QP1 see it and play it back, but is there a way to actually assign the playlist a name that's more meaningful than "Playlist1", Playlist2", etc.? Whatever I name the file, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks!

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #3,473 of 4,272

In either this thread, or @moedawg140QP1R thread, I recall a quote: "more of a night and dawn, rather than a night and day difference."   (Loosely quoted, of course).  I bought the 'R' version mainly because being an obsessive sort, I didn't want to be wondering what I missed if I'd bought the 'just 1' version.
Certainly blew my X5(I) out of the water, and I don't feel the need to use my external amps, any more.

Thant's maybe your case but the QP1R represent a great amount of money for me considering I have to change my IEMs too. No one having the QP1 can give me feedbacks ?

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #3,474 of 4,272

Thant's maybe your case but the QP1R represent a great amount of money for me considering I have to change my IEMs too. No one having the QP1 can give me feedbacks ?

Don't mean to whine, but, it cost me some hard-earned cash, too.  As a piano tuner in the electronic age, things come hard these days.
It was worth it to me, as I don't have many interests outside of music.
Why not do a google search for the 'Review"' of the QP1R thread as I don't have the link at this moment, read Moedawg's extensive review and search through the thread for answers?
HTH

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #3,475 of 4,272

Don't mean to whine, but, it cost me some hard-earned cash, too.  As a piano tuner in the electronic age, things come hard these days.
It was worth it to me, as I don't have many interests outside of music.
Why not do a google search for the 'Review"' of the QP1R thread as I don't have the link at this moment, read Moedawg's extensive review and search through the thread for answers?
HTH

Well I understand your point. 
I have tried google research but most of the comments/review are about the QP1R and not the QP1. The review of Moedawg is also mainly based on the QP1R. 

Mar 15, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #3,476 of 4,272

If you use the Play By Category > Artist, there are no sub-folders for individual Albums. All Album's content are combined and sorted numerically. With Browse Files you have to know which microSD card or internal storage you placed which Artists on. 

Is there any news on the new firmware to correct this issue as well as increasing the 9999 files limited in categories to a much higher number?   Updates seems rather slow.

Mar 15, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #3,477 of 4,272

Is there any news on the new firmware to correct this issue as well as increasing the 9999 files limited in categories to a much higher number?   Updates seems rather slow.

I believe I have owned this for less than a year and there has been 3 updates. How much faster should they go? 

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #3,478 of 4,272
  "Danger, Will Robinson!" 

Multiple times, while Browsing Files and then using the Back Menu or Home Capacitance Button, I've been transported directly to the Format Media option appearing at the bottom of the screen. This could be devastating if you're futzing with the QP1R in your pocket or bag and not watching the screen. I haven't been able to put my finger on (pun intended), exactly what causes this to happen, but I've noticed this unexpected behavior in both FW 1.0.4 and 1.0.5. If it were just a one time fluke, that could be attributable to a software glitch, but this has happened to me many times.

Either this is an undocumented feature or I can't find it listed anywhere. If you select an Artist or Album and long press the Home Menu capacitance button, while in browse files mode, you'll get a menu at the bottom of the screen that looks like the format a card/internal option. As far as I can see without actually testing, it is not a format option but allows you to delete the selected Artist or Album. It's confusing because, it looks like a format option but you'll notice that the center text between the <     > is fixed, with the Artists or Albums physical location (i.e. Internal, etc) indicated. Behind this text you'll see Internal, TF1, and TF2 scrolling right to left. This is what I posted above because with a cursory glance, it appears that you're about to format a card or the internal memory. If this is a known feature, please ignore but as I said, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #3,479 of 4,272
I've been thinking about buying a QPR1 and was wondering if anyone finds the scroll-wheel a little unresponsive? I got to play with a demo unit and the scroll-wheel seems to be a bit laggy - maybe it's on old firmware? It sounded great though, especially compared to my X1 lol.

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #3,480 of 4,272
  I've been thinking about buying a QPR1 and was wondering if anyone finds the scroll-wheel a little unresponsive? I got to play with a demo unit and the scroll-wheel seems to be a bit laggy - maybe it's on old firmware? It sounded great though, especially compared to my X1 lol.

The scroll wheel loosens up after time. It still is not what I would like but the new firmware makes the buttons due what the wheel would do now I don't use the wheel at all. Even with the problems the sg is enough for me to forget them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back