Questyle QP1
Sep 29, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #1,696 of 4,272

I only had a demo unit in my hand last week. Went down to the store for trying as soon as they announced that it had arrived!
So I did not went so deep in the settings to check the firmware version.

And that demo unit couldn't sort library by album artist. And if the limit of 5800 Songs still exists for library mode than it is a big setback if you use two 128 GB MicroSD cards (or even 200 GB cards)

The 5800 song limit was reported 2 days ago, and the sort by album artist hasn't yet been decided on.

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,697 of 4,272
  Joy,fellow Canadians.  My unit is at the dealer, now.  Just need to ask for shipment to me, as it's a bit far to walk to get it.  Thanks for your help and patience, Questyle guys.
By the way, what is this 'flip' option?  Will it consern me as a button 'non-wheel user?

The 'flip' option only works on the forward and reverse buttons, when on, the forward and reverse buttons act as a page advance, you will most likely want it turned off.

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #1,698 of 4,272

In defense of Joe at headphoneaudiophile.com, I bought my gold QP1R from them too. Joe kept things transparent and kept me updated throughout the entire process. He displayed excellent customer service to me and I'm sure he wishes he could fix this situation for you quickly and to your satisfaction. I'm sorry about your situation and I can safely say that once you do get yours, you'll forget this ever happened. It really is an awesome player.

Joe is selling the units faster than we can send them to him, so he most likely does not have a spare to replace the lost one, but I am sure he will take care of this as soon as possible.

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #1,699 of 4,272
What you don't seem to get is that no one is going to admit that they bricked their unit using hacked firmware, they are simply going to return the unit as defective. One well marketed malicious firmware hack could cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars.

You're misinformed or indicating conception flaws to the lowest level possible.

Here, take this you can compile your own android and install it on the QP1 if you want: https://source.android.com/

You can also do the same with xiami kernel at https://github.com/micode

You'll find thousand of companies and products on Internet that do rely on allowing people to propose modifications.

You have complaints in this very thread and admitted you have very little manpower working on the UI / OS. I don't know who you are in Questyle but I do handle dozens of developers on a daily basis on far more complicated issues. Take the advice or simply say that questyle policy is against open source.

Just keep in mind your very kernel is based on Linux, which is open source too.

Last example for the road: Wikipedia. Up to you to be stuck in the 20th century but that didn't work out that well for encyclopedia universalis.

Sep 29, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #1,700 of 4,272

What you don't seem to get is that no one is going to admit that they bricked their unit using hacked firmware, they are simply going to return the unit as defective. One well marketed malicious firmware hack could cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars.

You're misinformed or indicating conception flaws to the lowest level possible.

Here, take this you can compile your own android and install it on the QP1 if you want: https://source.android.com/

You can also do the same with xiami kernel at https://github.com/micode

You'll find thousand of companies and products on Internet that do rely on allowing people to propose modifications.

You have complaints in this very thread and admitted you have very little manpower working on the UI / OS. I don't know who you are in Questyle but I do handle dozens of developers on a daily basis on far more complicated issues. Take the advice or simply say that questyle policy is against open source.

Just keep in mind your very kernel is based on Linux, which is open source too.

Last example for the road: Wikipedia. Up to you to be stuck in the 20th century but that didn't work out that well for encyclopedia universalis.

Perhaps you should develop your own product. Then you can get a look at the realities from the manufacturer side.

Sep 29, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #1,701 of 4,272
Perhaps you should develop your own product. Then you can get a look at the realities from the manufacturer side.

Already done, both the software (based on Linux ARM kernel) and couple of components that I soldered on a PCB + raspi as 'the brain'. It's now my main streaming solution for my NAS that I control with an ad hoc Android app on my phone.

Thank you that's not rocket science and i don't have couple of hundreds of thousands to invest in R&D during my weekends.

Sep 29, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #1,702 of 4,272

Already done, both the software (based on Linux ARM kernel) and couple of components that I soldered on a PCB + raspi as 'the brain'. It's now my main streaming solution for my NAS that I control with an ad hoc Android app on my phone.

Thank you that's not rocket science and i don't have couple of hundreds of thousands to invest in R&D during my weekends.

I bow to the DIY expert.....

Sep 29, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #1,703 of 4,272
For ultimate confirmation that 200GB cards work...

Sep 29, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #1,705 of 4,272
Yup, it is the Sandisk ones, they were on offer on Amazon UK on the weekend, couldn't resist :)

Sep 29, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #1,706 of 4,272
Yup, it is the Sandisk ones, they were on offer on Amazon UK on the weekend, couldn't resist
smily_headphones1.gif

Lucky. I got a deal on the 128gb for like $50 here in the States when Sandisk upgraded that line from 48mb/s to 80mb/s​. Told my dad and he bought them right off the bat. Therefore, you bet I have one of them in my QP1R. I reserve it for DSDs and such. My other files, FLACs and lossy are stored in my 128gb Samsung Evo. I love how large the storage on these cards are now.

I hope the we get some durable 512gb mSD cards sometime soon that doesn't kill the bank. That way I have an excuse to buy one to reserve it for this DAP.

Sep 29, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #1,707 of 4,272

In defense of Joe at headphoneaudiophile.com, I bought my gold QP1R from them too. Joe kept things transparent and kept me updated throughout the entire process. He displayed excellent customer service to me and I'm sure he wishes he could fix this situation for you quickly and to your satisfaction. I'm sorry about your situation and I can safely say that once you do get yours, you'll forget this ever happened. It really is an awesome player.

+1. Id also like to report a very positive experience with Joe and headphoneaudiophile.com. I could not be happier with Joe and his superb customer service. Heck, even before he shipped me my player he took the time to send me a picture of my exact player! I plan to become a regular customer of his. Also, the folks at Questyle have been just great to deal with. This is a quality product, and my experience has been dealing with quality people throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back