Questyle QP1
Sep 10, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #1,381 of 4,272
Just an update on firmware requests.

USB DAC and Digital Output via USB are not possible with current hardware.
Folder play-through - in development
Selectable Font size - in development.
Search - major software project, not possible at this time.

Sep 10, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #1,383 of 4,272

Cant wait to receive my pre-order! Can you explain the process for firmware updates on the QP1R? Are there updates pending? Will we be notified of updates, or do we need to keep an eye on your web site for their release? Thx. 

Firmware updates are fairly easy, the only caveat being that the firmware update file needs to be put onto a blank micro SD card (no folders or files), I have a 256MB card that I use for this purpose. Updates will be available on our web site, and will most likely be mentioned in this thread.

I would add the firmware file needs to be copied from a PC onto the card. For some reason it does not work from a Mac. Flawless from a PC....The Mac guy in me knew there was some reason he kept a spare PC around!

Sep 10, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #1,384 of 4,272
  I would add the firmware file needs to be copied from a PC onto the card. For some reason it does not work from a Mac. Flawless from a PC....The Mac guy in me knew there was some reason he kept a spare PC around!

Interesting. I'm a Mac owner but I've always felt a need to keep an up-to-date PC around just for different platform options.

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #1,385 of 4,272

I can't believe the USB DAC was overlooked! What is even the rationale behind that when every single competitor in this bracket offers this quite important feature?

Oh well, the device looked quite great otherwise...

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #1,386 of 4,272
preordered one unit from questyle USA as i was informed that the next batch will arrive the next week. can't wait to receive it soon. 
L3000.gif

Sep 10, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #1,388 of 4,272
  All pre-orders that were placed directly through Questyle North America have been contacted as to the status of their order. We will be shipping headphoneaudiophile.com their first batch of units this week, you will need to contact them to know if your order falls into this batch or if it will be fulfilled out of the next shipment.

I have order it in July, I haven't been contacted yet. I also send you an email mentioning this.

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #1,389 of 4,272
Can't wait to post my review on this DAP. I just received mine so onward to testing after work. First impressions are this:

First opening up the box, you are greeted with a spectacular looking device. To easily put, it looks and feels better than the build that the iPhone 6s has. When I mean it feels nice, I mean it. In fact, it feels pretty close to my beloved Titanium G10 Ronin Element Case. Everything is nice and tight, almost no play at all. The only exception are the "Confirm" and "Scroll Wheel". The small circle moves around, meaning there is some small, but noticeable play. However, this is an extremely small matter and I have perfectionist OCD.
After I ignore the issue, everything is fantastic. Build quality and the machining is quite well done. The screen is WAY better than any of the pictures show. Its sharp, surprisingly for the size, and quite bright. Oh, and pretty vivid so it gets some thumbs up in that section. Before I forget, every part that clicks for a response (volume barrel / power / scroll wheel / confirm) are very nice. They aren't easy to press, so you can't accidentally press, but not too hard either. There's an extremely satisfactory click and each one has a very nice tactile feedback. 
On the quick 30 second listens while I listened at work, I LOVE them. The DAP has 3 preloaded tracks and they were incredible. Using my Westone W60s, I found the experience to be pure bliss. I can't wait to load up some of my normal tracks and see what sounds I can get. For those waiting to get it, you're in for a treat. I consider it an extremely late, but worth it, birthday present. Bravo Questyle, bravo.

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #1,390 of 4,272

FONT SIZE!
Great for old eyes.

Sep 12, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #1,394 of 4,272
  Does anyone know if Questyle, or a third party company, has/is developing a case worthy of this product?

While there isn't any cases specifically made for the QP1/R, there are a few that kind of fits. What's interesting is that I have a pouch from "DodoCase" made for the iPhone 6+ that I use for my Note 4. That case snuggly fits my QP1R. Slides right in and its nice and dandy.

If you want a holster, you could try Maxpedition pouches. As I own a few of their pouches and one of their backpacks, I can attest to the quality. Personally, I use a leg pouch and store all my stuff in that as I walk around.

Sep 12, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #1,395 of 4,272
still hard to understand why there is no proper high class leather case straight in the box. The whole DAP seems topnotch build quality.
But whether some third party companies will produce customized cases for this? I hope so....

Cowon puts a nice case in the box for the P1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back