Questyle CMA600i first impressions thread
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #121 of 553
Questyle will not support MQA they told me.

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #123 of 553
I have a loan CMA600i, going to test it with my LCD3, T70p and 846 iems.. Anything you want me to look out for? My gear on order is axially actually Auralic Vega and Taurus ii

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #124 of 553
Been using CMA600i for few hours now with Elear.

It amaze me how synergy these combination, smooth and balance with musical tone, very clean backround, and I really like the soundstage quality (imaging and air feeling between instrument) with expansive in quantity. Bass is definitely having good density, full body, tight and very controlled.

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #125 of 553

It amaze me how synergy these combination, smooth and balance with musical tone, very clean backround, and I really like the soundstage quality (imaging and air feeling between instrument) with expansive in quantity. Bass is definitely having good density, full body, tight and very controlled.

Yea, they pair very well with warmer headphones as they deliver such a clean, powerful sound.

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #126 of 553

Yea, they pair very well with warmer headphones as they deliver such a clean, powerful sound.

+1.  The synergy with my Audio Technica Woddies (W1000, W1000X, W1000Z, W5000) is absolutely awesome!

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #127 of 553
Yeah, I had some ATH woodies too before,sold them all, but I believe this dac amp would be good pairing with W5000.

600i keep amaze me how they translating hifi sound in very smooth way. I can start to use spotify as my desktop song list now(I used to only using spotify in my phone), very enjoyable and acceptable, but still pretty detailed and accurate in sound.

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #130 of 553
Wanted to say sorry guys for the lack of updates. Every other weekend has been a show for us lately from ces to namm to Canjam NY and with getting sick I fell behind a bit here. Chinese new year kinda also threw a wrench I'm things from the team having some time off. Hope to hear back from them soon and hopefully can provide an update!

Also hope to get the ball rolling soon with the clear top. If offered as an add on accessory option would there be an interest to possibly purchase it straight from dealers? If anything I would love to see it as an accessory option for all our desktop pieces to let everyone get a peak inside!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 9, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #134 of 553
  Thanks, guess I'll hold off on buying the 600i until then! Looking forward to it.

The idea behind the 400i was to have the ability to drive IEMs while in low gain and then stronger full size headphones when you swap to high gain. The 600i in comparison works wonderfully for full size headphones but has a bit high gain for really sensitive IEMs. I find myself not having too much play with the volume knob on the 600i before it gets a big too loud with my multi BA IEMs so I use a few things like the iFi iEMatch.

But without a doubt the two are very comparable, still getting things shipped back from CanJam New York but I could snap some pics between the two.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 9, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #135 of 553
@Netforce   thanks for the update!  Would love to have the option to order the clear top.  Let me know if you here anything about the usb driver updates.  I had one quick question, during all the shows did you guys ever get a chance to try the he-6 with the 600i?  Ive seen a few people say how awesome they sounded with the 800r monoblocks.  No one really seems to agree with how much power is required for the he-6 and its more related to the power supply.  Im looking for my next headphone and leaning towards the hd800 or the he-6, and would be nice to not need another amp if i go with the he-6 :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back