Questyle CMA600i first impressions thread
Dec 31, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #106 of 553
I did extensive listening of the Elear with the CMA 600i and felt like it was a  really nice combo. I also tried other cans like the hd800 and LCD 3 (to see how they would be driven) and I was pleased. I think for the money to have a solid two in one that also plays DSD for this price is tough to beat.

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #107 of 553
Hi Guys  I am about to start wth my new 600i - bought it in the post Xmas sales.  USB input - have people tested is it much improved with a reclocker ? or a sonore rendu / sotm  200? Interested in your experiences and how good the internal jitter management is.

many thanks

Jan 1, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #109 of 553
  I did extensive listening of the Elear with the CMA 600i and felt like it was a  really nice combo. I also tried other cans like the hd800 and LCD 3 (to see how they would be driven) and I was pleased. I think for the money to have a solid two in one that also plays DSD for this price is tough to beat.

good to hear about the elears sounding good with this amp/dac combo. i have the elears and now looking to improve my amp section

Jan 2, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #110 of 553
  @MTMEtim

HI, i was wondering if you have access to an he-6 to test with the cma600i.  There was a reviewer that mentioned it sounded great but no additional details.  Im curious to know if the 600i has enough power for the he-6

Hey simulatedrain! I wish i did have an he-6 at the shop since I have heard good things about it... I am curious as well to see how the amp would do driving it... I have a friend that i will ask to see if he has had any head time with the 2. He owns an he-6 and has been to a lot of meets and can jams. 

Jan 2, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #111 of 553
  good to hear about the elears sounding good with this amp/dac combo. i have the elears and now looking to improve my amp section

Upgrading my amp section at home made a huge improvement for all my headphones. Planar magnetic's always surprise me with how much they scale with more powerful, better amps. which is what @simulatedrain knows ha. Feel free to pm me if you have any more questions about headphone or amp pairings. But in regards to the 600i, it really does cover a large amount of headphones for its amp section.

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #114 of 553

mmm..... just fired up my brand new 600i. All my recordings are P C M. Using USB  2 clicks every time I change album, even if same bit rate and Hz. I am using Audirvana+ on a MacBook. Has anyone avoided clicks on Audirvana & Mac when using USB? 

thanks

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #116 of 553

I am hoping it will be downloadable - Meridian, Pioneer and Onkyo seemed to add it later with software updates - I understand it has to be tailored for each DAC by MQA - hope Questyle make the effort to do this !

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #117 of 553

mmm..... just fired up my brand new 600i. All my recordings are P C M. Using USB  2 clicks every time I change album, even if same bit rate and Hz. I am using Audirvana+ on a MacBook. Has anyone avoided clicks on Audirvana & Mac when using USB? 

thanks

I am testing a CMA600i on my setup,  using Jriver.  Bottom line:  great sounding DAC, especially on DSD:  but the popping and clicking are a deal-breaker for me.  As Vincents points out,  every time I switch albums (this to include DSD files) I get annoying  popping - in some cases loud enough to make me consider muting before switching.   

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #118 of 553
  @MTMEtim

HI, i was wondering if you have access to an he-6 to test with the cma600i.  There was a reviewer that mentioned it sounded great but no additional details.  Im curious to know if the 600i has enough power for the he-6

I'm hoping to test out the HE-6 in April, with both balanced and single-ended outputs on the CMA600i, as well as other questyle products. Will definitely report back, if it's not too late!

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #119 of 553

I am hoping it will be downloadable - Meridian, Pioneer and Onkyo seemed to add it later with software updates - I understand it has to be tailored for each DAC by MQA - hope Questyle make the effort to do this !

MQA is nothing more than a dead on arrival format that is pretty much DSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back