Questyle CMA600i first impressions thread
Oct 14, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #62 of 553
Oh at RMAF I took a photo of the CMA600i with the acrylic cover on the top. I've always liked electronics with clear cases. : D

Saw that in a few different posts from the RMAF. Very nice.

Also great write up in the RMAF thread Michael! 

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #63 of 553
@bSquared64 Thats awesome! I hope there is a quick solution for the akm chip, i was planning my setup with usb in mind so this is the only thing keeping me from fully loving this amp/dac combo.  

Been listening to the cma 600i with an hd 650 and an lcd 2.1 prefazor and it has been a blast.  From what i can tell theres very little if any coloration or distortion which is exactly what i wanted; characteristics of headphones shine through unimpeded.   

Is it possible to order one of those acrylic top  plates?  It looks super sexy and id love to show off the insides.

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #64 of 553
  @bSquared64 Thats awesome! I hope there is a quick solution for the akm chip, i was planning my setup with usb in mind so this is the only thing keeping me from fully loving this amp/dac combo.  

Been listening to the cma 600i with an hd 650 and an lcd 2.1 prefazor and it has been a blast.  From what i can tell theres very little if any coloration or distortion which is exactly what i wanted; characteristics of headphones shine through unimpeded.   

Is it possible to order one of those acrylic top  plates?  It looks super sexy and id love to show off the insides

Yea, the see through tops are pretty damn cool.

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #65 of 553
@bSquared64
 Thats awesome! I hope there is a quick solution for the akm chip, i was planning my setup with usb in mind so this is the only thing keeping me from fully loving this amp/dac combo.  

Is it possible to order one of those acrylic top  plates?  It looks super sexy and id love to show off the insides.

Yes, we have the clear tops available! Please Pm me if you wish to order one. We will also make it available to anyone who wishes to purchase a new CMA600i.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Oct 18, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #66 of 553
I also have the usb issue with imac. Anything New regarding this? Does the 800i have the same issue?

I also cant get the filters to work with remote.

Have Anyone tried the 800i and can tell the difference?

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #67 of 553
Is this available though Questyle dealers in Australia... Tivoli audio specifically?

Nov 16, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #68 of 553
Hey guys, little update regarding the popping and clicking issue.

AKM recently visited our China office and discussed the issue with us. The issue has been a noted issue regarding AK4490 DAC chip and AKM has asked Jason to help figure out a solution. The AK4490 DAC chip popping and clicking noises appeared at a lower frequency on the 600i and AKM is looking into the 600i to see what maybe causing the issues to appear at a lower frequency.

Questyle would like to thank those who have been affected by the popping and clicking issues for their patience in this matter. On the unit I have at home, I have at times heard the pops from time to time and am in the same boat waiting for a fix soon!

As this issue is related to the AK4490 DAC chip which is only found within the CMA600i, the CMA800i is NOT affected as it is using a Wolfson DAC chip.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Nov 16, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #69 of 553
Edit

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #73 of 553
  Hey guys, little update regarding the popping and clicking issue.

AKM recently visited our China office and discussed the issue with us. The issue has been a noted issue regarding AK4490 DAC chip and AKM has asked Jason to help figure out a solution. The AK4490 DAC chip popping and clicking noises appeared at a lower frequency on the 600i and AKM is looking into the 600i to see what maybe causing the issues to appear at a lower frequency.

Questyle would like to thank those who have been affected by the popping and clicking issues for their patience in this matter. On the unit I have at home, I have at times heard the pops from time to time and am in the same boat waiting for a fix soon!

As this issue is related to the AK4490 DAC chip which is only found within the CMA600i, the CMA800i is NOT affected as it is using a Wolfson DAC chip.

I think the issue is with the USB controller, not the DAC itself.  The Schiit Modi 2 Uber, which I used full-time before I got the CMA600i, also uses the AK4490 and doesn't have the same issue.

The reason I say this is because the popping, at least as I observed it, would happen more often when I was doing something, like scrolling a web page.  My best guess is the drivers need to be better optimized.

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #74 of 553
I think the issue is with the USB controller, not the DAC itself.  The Schiit Modi 2 Uber, which I used full-time before I got the CMA600i, also uses the AK4490 and doesn't have the same issue.

The reason I say this is because the popping, at least as I observed it, would happen more often when I was doing something, like scrolling a web page.  My best guess is the drivers need to be better optimized.

Let's not try and act as the experts here shall we?
The line in on the cma600i clips past 75% on my phone as apparently the line in goes to the DAC not the preamp.
It is not the USB input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back