Questyle CMA18 Portable DAC with Headphone Amplifier
Jan 12, 2024 at 1:49 AM Post #136 of 370
Even at the currently "discounted" $799 price, I am not ready to make the jump. I will wait for official confirmation on the updates and for some to get in the hands of reviewers.

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #139 of 370
Interesting marketing.
You can barely read the text in each box -- especially for Specifications...

1705070305042.png

Jan 17, 2024 at 10:56 PM Post #140 of 370
Do we know the estimated shipping time if bought from Questyleshop?

Jan 18, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #142 of 370
We have announced the product via some social media channels as you have seen, but also as many of you noticed there aren't any official overseas channels yet to purchase it. That's because we are taking your feedback here greatly into consideration. We are examining the possibility of using it as a USB DAC even if no battery is left, as well as a couple smaller improvements, before we release it for purchase overseas.

Therefore I'd recommend not purchasing the CMA18P until we release it via official channels (our distributors or QuestyleShop.com). We're working fast but no exact on-market date yet.
Regarding power, here are the official specs:

@Questyle Did any of the changes/improvements you mentioned here make it into the units now available for sale? Would love to hear an update on this.

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #143 of 370
Appears Audio Concierge have these in the UK now too. £699. I’m interested, but like @RiflemanFirst I’d be keen to understand whether new features will be included in their batches. I might drop Audio Concierge an email

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #144 of 370
Appears Audio Concierge have these in the UK now too. £699. I’m interested, but like @RiflemanFirst I’d be keen to understand whether new features will be included in their batches. I might drop Audio Concierge an email
700 entry fee to beta test? Just curious as to why expensive devices cant come to market with a complete feature set.

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #145 of 370
700 entry fee to beta test? Just curious as to why expensive devices cant come to market with a complete feature set.
I was very interested until I saw the inability to play when charging, and then Questyle said to avoid buying any of them until changes were made. Hopefully Questyle can provide an update soon, as it is unclear whether the changes made it into the units being sold at this time. I'm sticking with the M15 as my portable setup for as long as I have to.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #146 of 370
I received mine on Saturday and have been listening quite a bit the past few days. My initial first impressions are extremely favorable overall

Pros:
- The sound quality is absolutely phenomenal and is a huge step up from the M15. This drives my LCD-5's like a champ
- The level indicator is dual purpose and the power button can be tapped to show power level while in use. There are multiple brightness levels per LED
- The overall aesthetics are superb. Very high quality glass and switches
- Support for charging while playing has been added
Cons:
- The hold and gain switches have too much play

Score:
5 tigers out of 5

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #147 of 370
I received mine on Saturday and have been listening quite a bit the past few days. My initial first impressions are extremely favorable overall

Pros:
- The sound quality is absolutely phenomenal and is a huge step up from the M15. This drives my LCD-5's like a champ
- The level indicator is dual purpose and the power button can be tapped to show power level while in use. There are multiple brightness levels per LED
Cons:

Score:
5 tigers out of 5
It now charges while playing? That's great!

Do you mind testing the Bluetooth connection? I'm wondering if there's any audio/video sync delays when connected via Bluetooth and watching a video or playing a game. Thanks in advance!

Jan 22, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #148 of 370

Pros:
Cons:

Score:
5 tigers out of 5
I saw you edited your post earlier that mentioned charging and playback still wasn't possible at the same time. Was there a firmware update you did to enable this?

Jan 22, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #149 of 370
It now charges while playing? That's great!

Do you mind testing the Bluetooth connection? I'm wondering if there's any audio/video sync delays when connected via Bluetooth and watching a video or playing a game. Thanks in advance!
I tested this using a youtube audio video sync test and the there was no perceivable delay.

I saw you edited your post earlier that mentioned charging and playback still wasn't possible at the same time. Was there a firmware update you did to enable this?
No updates were required. At first I erroneously thought that there couldn't be playback because it wouldn't charge from my MacBook Pro, but actually it turns out that my computer disabled the device because it was drawing too much power and it had nothing to do with whether the device was playing and wouldn't work when the device is off either. However, when I realized the issue was actually a power issue and tested again by plugging into dedicated a USB-C charger I had no issue charging while playing over Bluetooth so really the issue is just having a power source that is sufficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back