Questyle CMA18 Portable DAC with Headphone Amplifier
Dec 31, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #121 of 338
Maybe it’s something they will update with a future firmware release? Is that even possible?

Ps.: Also the possibility to skip a track would be nice (they don’t have implemented buttons but a long click on the volume - up or down - for next or last track would be great)

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #123 of 338
Hey everyone,

We have announced the product via some social media channels as you have seen, but also as many of you noticed there aren't any official overseas channels yet to purchase it. That's because we are taking your feedback here greatly into consideration. We are examining the possibility of using it as a USB DAC even if no battery is left, as well as a couple smaller improvements, before we release it for purchase overseas.

Therefore I'd recommend not purchasing the CMA18P until we release it via official channels (our distributors or QuestyleShop.com). We're working fast but no exact on-market date yet.
Regarding power, here are the official specs:

1704398791868.png

1704398797731.png

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Jan 4, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #124 of 338
Hey everyone,

We have announced the product via some social media channels as you have seen, but also as many of you noticed there aren't any official overseas channels yet to purchase it. That's because we are taking your feedback here greatly into consideration. We are examining the possibility of using it as a USB DAC even if no battery is left, as well as a couple smaller improvements, before we release it for purchase overseas.

Therefore I'd recommend not purchasing the CMA18P until we release it via official channels (our distributors or QuestyleShop.com). We're working fast but no exact on-market date yet.
I'm desperate for desktop mode to be added. :pray:

I have one question, what are the dimensions and weight of this product?

Jan 5, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #125 of 338
Hey everyone,

Our Request functions:

-Desktop mode

- Able to charging while plays music

-Volume Up on Hold to Skip track

-Volume Down on Hold to Previous track

-App EQ with 20 parameters if u can do it.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 2:16 AM Post #127 of 338
If it doesn't have a battery bypass mode for PC use it will be a failed product for me, the battery will degrade at lightspeed. A user replaceable battery AND bypass mode would be ideal.
Second the replaceable battery.

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #128 of 338
Hey everyone,

1704398791868.png

1704398797731.png
Can you give outpout power for 150 & 300 ohm ?

Thanks

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #129 of 338
Glad I held off on buying one from overseas! I wonder if the additional updates will be in firmware only or also include hardware revisions? The additional suggestions above would be great, especially for a user replaceable battery. Maybe in addition to that, ensure it can still function as a USB DAC/Amp with no battery installed whatsoever in case there is an inability for the user to replace it right away. Batteries can fail and often unexpectedly.

Jan 5, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #130 of 338
Jan 5, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #131 of 338
Stable current is what matters but 2A peak per sip, 4A per channel max, sounds like a lot for a small battery driven device.

Looks like a lot to me too. Can anyone confirm that?

We never have these kind of numbers on other amps, but seeing the likes of 6V, 12V and even up to 16V (peak?), I can only guess by Ohm's law that current for a given 1W power let's say (I know this is not correct, just taking a target example) would get amperage as low as 0.166A, 0.083A and 0.0.063A...

Given the example of the Enleum AMP23RM which is plenty potent with a Susvara in the bass area thanks to its current mode, I'd say that can be good news for low efficiency planars.

Jan 5, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #132 of 338
Glad I held off on buying one from overseas! I wonder if the additional updates will be in firmware only or also include hardware revisions? The additional suggestions above would be great, especially for a user replaceable battery. Maybe in addition to that, ensure it can still function as a USB DAC/Amp with no battery installed whatsoever in case there is an inability for the user to replace it right away. Batteries can fail and often unexpectedly.
Same questions. I've bought one on release. If there's follow-up hardware updates, I think it's unfair to already-bought users.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #135 of 338
What makes that price crazy? With these specs and the track record of Questyle, I could see this as being a viable option for anyone who would otherwise purchase a desktop amp to get this instead as an all in one solution. I was thinking of retiring my Sprout PS100 / Questyle M15 and solely using then CMA18 to drive my pair of LCD-5's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back