Questyle CMA18 Portable DAC with Headphone Amplifier
Apr 14, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #331 of 338
I think I get your idea and such an application would be nice but I'm afraid, that's not how these things work. The CMA18p is just an audio device with output plus recording/input channels to the USB-host device (normally your PC, Mac, Phone, DAP or tablet ...) - just like any other audio interface for studio recording etc.

It is not in itself a USB-host for other devices and not capable to stream USB-audio to an external DAC or to "negotiate" any power delivery with an attached dongle or self-powered DAC.

Thus plugging a DAC/Dongle into the USB-C-port of the CMA18p while in BAL/Line-In recording mode does not provide any useful USB-audio data for an external DAC to play. The CMA18p is a kind of passive device, controlled by the USB-host which provides or retrieves the USB-audio data to/from the CMA18p.

Despite knowing all this, I tested it anyway (I am a scientist so I experiment) to check how an external DAC and the CMA18p behave in this setting and interestingly, the REC- and XMOS-USB-Processing LEDs of the CMA18p lit up but the external DAC are not recognized and not powered ... as expected.
yea makes sense, Thanks alot for trying anyway really appreciated :). I am trying to learn all I can as i am deciding between the cma and buying the q15 as an upgrade from my current dongles.

Apr 15, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #332 of 338
Hello together, I'm from Germany and new here. I'm listening with the Vision Ears EXT and my new Questyle CMA 18.
A very great combo!
I have a question about the Volume. In Bluetooth mode the volume is much higher than in Usb mode. I'm listening with Audirvana.
Can anyone tell me something about that?

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #333 of 338
Can anyone tell me the exact size of this thing (in centimeter)? Can`t find it anywhere? :sweat_smile: Thanks! :)

Apr 22, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #334 of 338
Apr 22, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #336 of 338
I'll post specs today when I get mine. This thread seems to be a bit of an echo chamber.
Thanks! Oh, sorry, did others ask this question before? :sweat_smile:

Apr 22, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #338 of 338

Users who are viewing this thread

Back