Questions on Fiio E7
Aug 17, 2010 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Lucian1KR

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new here, although I've visited this forum a few times as a guest, reading headphones reviews. I finally bought a Sennheiser HD 380 Pro but I'm not satisfied with the sound quality, the treble in particular sounds bad.

I only have an onboard sound card (a Realtek ALC850). The headphones' sound volume is satisfactory for me (I don't usually max it out) so I'm not sure if I need an amplifier. The I'm quite sure I need a better DAC than the one on my onboard sound card.

So, here are the questions:

1. Do I still need an amplifier ? The phones have 54 ohms impedance and I only the desktop computer with them.

2. If I only need a good DAC, should I still buy the Fiio E7 or get a separate DAC (or a soundcard having a better DAC) ? Is there anything you could recommend that doesn't cost much more than 100 $ ?

3. Assuming the E7 is the best choice, I'm interested how long can I use the battery (how many recharge cycles can it endure) ? Do I have to replace the battery from time to time ? And are there batteries (rechargeable ones) available on the market ? I searched on Fiio's site and didn't find separate batteries for buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back