Questions about the Kenwood HD30GB9
Jul 15, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #16 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So before I go and waste about $500, I would like to know from owners out there if it's worth the plunge?

That's what I was wondering as well.

so I posted this:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249234

but not many people seem to care :-$

Jul 15, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #17 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by udauda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I was wondering as well.

so I posted this:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249234

but not many people seem to care :-$

No, it's not that people don't care about spending $500. It's that seeing a graph and listening to the device is different. If we all rely on graphs to do the hearing, we might as well stop listening to music and focus on the most accurate graph building for our viewing pleasure
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #18 of 94
You could also consider ordering from Eisanmall.com . They have free EMS (Express Mail Service) shipping for all orders, or you have the option of paying to get UPS shipping.

Based in Japan, they have a large selection of DAPs, as well as selling a ton of other stuff.

I live in the United States and bought the Victor/JVC alneo XA-C210 from them in May with no problems.

Jul 15, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #19 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it's not that people don't care about spending $500. It's that seeing a graph and listening to the device is different. If we all rely on graphs to do the hearing, we might as well stop listening to music and focus on the most accurate graph building for our viewing pleasure
smily_headphones1.gif

I believe true audiophiling comes from by understanding both subjective & objective assessments of sonic quality. Yes, of course I do believe my ears are more reliable cues than data when it comes down to personal listening(preference) level. yet when you want to buy something and can't just pre-listen to it, objective data come quite handy. we all agree that objective assessments are viable, 'cause they don't lie.
lambda.gif
Dont we all love HQ sounds?
biggrin.gif

BTW Assorted, have you got the adapter that connects your HD30GB9 to your M-Audio Audiophile? Im still eagerly waiting for your result!
wink.gif

Jul 16, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #20 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks... That would probably be enough of a reason to stay away for me. I have spent too much time getting my itunes library just the way i like it.

I would just like to get a nano sized player that does not need an amp and doesn't sound like garbage.

The HD10GB7 is different: I just drag and drop files, and the player does a library update after I disconnect it from the usb port. It's different from the HD20GA7 and the HD30GB9.

Jul 16, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #21 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Septavius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could also consider ordering from Eisanmall.com . They have free EMS (Express Mail Service) shipping for all orders, or you have the option of paying to get UPS shipping.

Based in Japan, they have a large selection of DAPs, as well as selling a ton of other stuff.

I live in the United States and bought the Victor/JVC alneo XA-C210 from them in May with no problems.

nice site!
plenty of goodies but its a little hard navigate. how do i find the pricing?

Jul 16, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #22 of 94
Thanks for all the replies guys and gals!!

By the looks of it, it IS worth the plunge. Just wondering, how is the interface? Is it something easy to work with?

I've read about hissing in Kenwood players. Any audible hiss in this DAP? I'm using the UM1 and if there's any hiss it'll be a serious b!tch.

Also, I would just like to know how big is this DAP? Like say, compared to the iPod 30gb?

Jul 16, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #23 of 94
The interface is simple, kinda like the Creative interface without games and note taking.

I don't know about the UM1, but it will hiss with the UM2. It will not hiss with semi-canal buds, and definitely not with something like PK1s.

It's slightly thicker than than the iPod.

Jul 16, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #24 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmfboy01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice site!

They price in yen, so you need to convert to your local currency. Divide the number after the Y symbol with the line through it (¥) by 122 to get US dollars.

Jul 16, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #25 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmfboy01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice site!

Wait you bought yours at $560? Hate to break it out to you but, man what a rip :/

Jul 16, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #26 of 94
well, the Rio Karma I had intended to buy went down the crapper, so I'm looking at new high-capacity DAPs. I really am liking the bluetin price on this baby. does anyone have experience ordering from them?

Jul 16, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #27 of 94
I use UM1s with mine and I don't notice any hiss. It might be there but it would be so faint that I can't hear it over anything. It works really well with the UM1s as well as the EQ can skew the sound to just how i like it.

I ordered from PriceJapan a few months ago and received it in 2 days. I think I paid around $430.

Jul 16, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #28 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait you bought yours at $560? Hate to break it out to you but, man what a rip :/

that was the whole shabang. extra $$ for the white version, power adapter, and DHL shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back