Questions about the Kenwood HD30GB9
Jul 16, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #46 of 94
If the site is trusted, I'd be more than willing to send these guys an email telling them of this mistake.

Reseller Ratings No ratings as of yet.

Jul 16, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #48 of 94
Awesome, thanks!

Jul 16, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #49 of 94
For everyone who's interested, I'm selling my HD10GB7 to afford a 4th gen or 5th gen iMod.

Jul 16, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #50 of 94
How do these Kenwood units compare to the iMod+Amp?

Jul 17, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #52 of 94
Looks like Bluetin is a really good site!!

I think I've change my mind and decided to get the HD10GB7. Don't think I can live with the size of the HD30gb9. Sorry antonyfirst, I want to get a new one
frown.gif

btw antonyfirst, any word of advice on the HD10gb7? Any problems what so ever with it? How's the navigation?

Jul 17, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #53 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is what I want to discover.

I can't honestly see there being 'that' much difference. Especially if you factor in price and portability. You're going to have an ipod and amp held together with an elastic band, then some expensive interconnects vs the Kenwood which is the size of the original ipod with everything combined? The full imod kit with a new 80gb ipod can come in close to $1k whereas the kenwood is about $400 I think
blink.gif

I might sell this 147gb SCSI and Intel 42X RAID card sitting on my desk and get one lol
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #54 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't honestly see there being 'that' much difference. Especially if you factor in price and portability. You're going to have an ipod and amp held together with an elastic band, then some expensive interconnects vs the Kenwood which is the size of the original ipod with everything combined? The full imod kit with a new 80gb ipod can come in close to $1k whereas the kenwood is about $400 I think
blink.gif

I might sell this 147gb SCSI and Intel 42X RAID card sitting on my desk and get one lol
wink.gif

So you've compared the two before? Mind if I ask what equipment you were using?

Jul 17, 2007 at 8:58 AM Post #55 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you've compared the two before? Mind if I ask what equipment you were using?

I said I can't see there being that much difference between the imod+Amp vs the Kenwood. Not that I knew
frown.gif

Has anyone on here got both?

I'm very tempted to get that Kenwood.

Jul 17, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #57 of 94
After trawling posts on here I found a post from someone who owns both!
A guy called Steaxauce.

And he said
Quote:

it sounds better than the iMod, Earcandy mini-mini and PA2v2

blink.gif

Jul 17, 2007 at 11:25 AM Post #58 of 94
I'll have a Supermini and portable Pimeta to try with the iMod, so I want to find out myself what sounds better. There are different opinions about Kenwood and iMod. For some people, the Kenwood sounds better (Steaxauce, and some others). Other people think that the iMod sound better.
I want to find out myself, so I'll fund the iMod selling my HD10GB7.

Jul 17, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #59 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll have a Supermini and portable Pimeta to try with the iMod, so I want to find out myself what sounds better. There are different opinions about Kenwood and iMod. For some people, the Kenwood sounds better (Steaxauce, and some others). Other people think that the iMod sound better.
I want to find out myself, so I'll fund the iMod selling my HD10GB7.

Do you have the 30gb Kenwood? Because I think there's some variation between the different Kenwoods too. I think the 30gb is meant to be the best sounding one - Be interesting to see that one up against an iMod+Amp+Interconnects+elastic band.
Think the 10gb and 30gb ones use different internal amps?

Jul 17, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #60 of 94
The HD10 and HD30 are same generation Kenwood players. They should use the same internal amplification circuit, but the HD30 has a more advanced option, called Supreme Ex, that is said to bring out frequencies up to 20KHz from mp3 (that lose frequencies over 16KHz). How they can do, I have no clue. HD10's Supreme and HD30's Supreme Ex make the overall sound brighter (it's like an EQ preset).
I have the Hd10, and I used to have the HD20. I think the HD10 actually sounds better, with wider soundstage and slightly richer mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back