Questions about setup/improve audio-quality
Aug 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

datachild

New Head-Fier
Hello!

This is my first post, this seems like a very nice and friendly forum with many people who actually know what they're talking about. I hope to get some decent advice and replies, hopefully i'll become more active :D

Alright, my question is;

How could i improve audio quality?

My current setup is Audiophile 2496 -> Panasonic SA-PM30MD -> AKG 518DJ.

How could i improve audio quality? Should i invest in better headphones or change the Panasonic to an 15 year old Marantz amplifier? My budget is kind of tight, but it would be cool if you could give me advice on how to get the most bang for the buck so to speak. I've been looking at the K 701's but I'm not quiet sure if they're worth it with my current setup.. What do you think?

Thanks!

Edit; I might add that i mainly listen to rock-stuff, some occasional psytrance here and there.

Aug 20, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #2 of 6
Stay away from the 701. They require quality components. I cannot recommend by experience but do you have a budget?

Aug 21, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #6 of 6
Yes, look for a good pair of headphones first and worry about the rest of the stuff later.

You should match the headphones to the music you listen to.  Please tell us what genres and bands you enjoy and we'll give you recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back