Questions about Grado HP Signature Headphones
Jul 14, 2001 at 1:21 AM Post #46 of 91
Man, now I'm really out of the running. Let's start guessing what they'll finally go for. Like that game show where you guess the price, and the closest without going over is the winner. Let's each make a post (that we won't subsequently edit) and see who gets the closest without going over.

Jul 14, 2001 at 1:22 AM Post #47 of 91
My guess is $700.

By the way, the winner gets two of my Cardas RCA Caps.

P.S. No post with edit marks is eligible. And you can't guess what someone else guessed. Guesses are to the nearest dollar. Remember, it's the closest without going over. And all eligible guesses have to be posted by 2:00 p.m. EST tomorrow (7/14/2001). Heheh. Now that I look at my number, I'm afraid I may have overguessed. Okay, but I won't edit it.

Jul 14, 2001 at 1:34 AM Post #48 of 91
Ok, I'm in at $650.00

I hope I win so I too can experience the overwhelming sonic improvements that those RCA caps deliver.
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2001 at 1:36 AM Post #49 of 91
My guess is $679. That's more than they retailed for new, but as I said before, there are people out there paying list price for the RS-1s, which, IMHO, are not even in the same league. If anyone here wins this, I recommend using a Penguin C/H/A amp.....the synergy makes absolutely stunning music.....the best I've heard.
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2001 at 1:58 AM Post #51 of 91
Damn, sackley, with you out of the running it's gonna take some guy to do what I did in the last auction and bid like $650 in the last few seconds to bump it up. it was only $500 when I put my final bid in. I cost that guy about $150. If everybody here is out of the running, this guy might just get these cheap. Do I dare?..............
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2001 at 2:26 AM Post #52 of 91
joelongwood~

Of course you care, you are the collective of Grado Borgs, you must assimiliate all of them !!
tongue.gif

I actually might bid on it, but You will not see me since I am hiding in the bushes with a sniper rifle
wink.gif
and I will not fire the shot early to alert the other hunters
wink.gif

I'll see how it goes..
cool.gif

Tides

Jul 14, 2001 at 2:27 AM Post #53 of 91
Hi, Joe, you sure the current high bidder is the guy who outbid you last time? From his record, I didn't see he acquired an HP-1 from ebay
redface.gif

Anyway, considering it's a bare headphone only, I don't think it's going to be that high as you guys expected unless you jump in to make it
biggrin.gif

I would guess 601. Let's see
cool.gif

Jul 14, 2001 at 2:34 AM Post #54 of 91
Joseph, I'm pretty sure it's him............not all transactions show up because not everyone posts feedback. In any case, he was there and I'm almost positive his was the name I was trying to beat. It is possible someone else came in at the end and beat us both. I was so pissed, I deleted the item from my e-mail, so I can't check.
mad.gif

Tides.............ready, aim,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
tongue.gif

Jul 14, 2001 at 2:34 AM Post #55 of 91
WAIT UP A sec!!!!!!

I just checked the bidder list and I see a jude_pda

JUDE~~ is that you ??????????? Lie to me and tell me that is not you
wink.gif
(well be honest..)

All the sudden I am getting this fog inside my sniper scope lense hmmmmmmmmmm

Tides

Jul 14, 2001 at 2:40 AM Post #56 of 91
Quote:

Originally posted by Tides
WAIT UP A sec!!!!!!

I just checked the bidder list and I see a jude_pda

JUDE~~ is that you ??????????? Lie to me and tell me that is not you
wink.gif
(well be honest..)

All the sudden I am getting this fog inside my sniper scope lense hmmmmmmmmmm

Tides

Tides, my friend, that is me you see, but I won't be fogging up your Leupold -- I'm out. It's getting a little too serious for the JudeMan. Honestly!

Jul 14, 2001 at 2:59 AM Post #58 of 91
Wow, just noticied that there is a baby orpheus running for almost $600... I dont know about you but I would rather get a baby orpheus than the Grado...

Jul 14, 2001 at 3:00 AM Post #59 of 91
You know,

I wonder if the Grado Labs people are reading this and if so what they must be thinking. I mean, really, I sure if John really wanted to, he could bring back the HP-1's, and make it a limited edition with a fancy box and all and it would sell, a lot.

Then again, maybe it's the fact that Joe made these that's the great appeal?

Jul 14, 2001 at 3:12 AM Post #60 of 91
Can someone find out what kind of cables these fine HP-1s come with? I wonder which is more rare? The upgraded reference cable or the old regular cable. Hmmm.....
Anyway, this is one HOT auction!
I can't wait to find out who is the winner....
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back