Questions about "Audeze LCD-2 "
Aug 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

howay96

New Head-Fier
I am going to purchace Audeze LCD-2 in a few weeks...
I just wanted to make sure if I am buying the right headphone for me...

1. Will the sound be comming out "a lot"?, I live in a dorm with my roommate... Will it disturbe him a lot?

2. If there is a volume range of 1~10, how loud will the sound comming out at what volume?

3. I am kind of short in buget... I won't be using a good amp for a few month.. Will a cheap portable amp like Fiio e17? Make a decent
sound? (like.. of course it sounds better with a better amp.. but does it worth the price?..)

4. Lastly.. is it a lot heavy?? I heard that you cannot listen to it for over an hour ㅡㅡ;;

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #2 of 6
First, i don't have these headphones just yet. But i did the research and they turned out to be the best for me, now i'm waiting for them to be available on amazon to get them.

1. they will definitely leak sound and disturb your roommate, especially if you're using a powerful amp. but you should know that all the open headphones in this price tag 1k$ will leak much more than the audeze ( i had the T1 ).
2.i'm not sure but i asked someone who own them how they sound unamped and he said the sound will get loud but you won't enjoy them to their full potential.
3.haha, i also asked someone who's using fiio e11 and he said they can get very load and damage you hearing. you should be fine with fiio e17.
4.don't worry about that

your situation is like me 2 months ago, the audeze are safe option.

remember, if you're very concerned about the leaking problem, you should consider the new DENON D7100 very seriously

Aug 13, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 6
1) Yes. Quite a bit. I'd look into a good closed can.
2) Likely about 8/10 at full volume. 
3) The E17 might make them play loud enough, but unless you plan to spend a decent amount on an amp I would look into something easier to power.
4) It's heavy. Some people have problems, some don't. It got uncomfortable for me after a few hours.

Quote:

1. Will the sound be comming out "a lot"?, I live in a dorm with my roommate... Will it disturbe him a lot?

2. If there is a volume range of 1~10, how loud will the sound comming out at what volume?

3. I am kind of short in buget... I won't be using a good amp for a few month.. Will a cheap portable amp like Fiio e17? Make a decent
sound? (like.. of course it sounds better with a better amp.. but does it worth the price?..)

4. Lastly.. is it a lot heavy?? I heard that you cannot listen to it for over an hour ㅡㅡ;;

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #5 of 6
Unless you plan to buy a decent amp AND source it's pointelss to spend so much money for LCD-2. It makes sense to buy expensive headphones if you can drive them at their full potential. For lower level amp and source I'd recommend HE-400 or Sennheiser HD-650 - both have similar sound signature to LCD-2 (dark, warm, easy to listen for long time) :)
And yes, they will disturb your roommate :)

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

1. Yes, people will be able to hear what you are hearing very clearly. I suggest either a good closed headphone (more closed than the Denons) or some IEMs if you are living with other people.

2. I would say the volume coming out the back is 1/3-1/2 the volume of the sound coming to your ears. Obviously volume decreases exponentially with distance from the source.

3. The Objective2 is capable and able to drive the LCD-2s, I don't know about any other cheap amps. I can say for 100% sure that you will not get even moderately good sound performance without a dedicated amp.

4. Depends on how strong your neck is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back