Question regarding Fiio e10 and Klipsch speakers
Jan 17, 2012 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Gorgatron

100+ Head-Fier
I just received my fiio e10 and the manual says speakers can be connected to the back through the line out. This may  be a dumb question but can the 3.5mm cable from my klipsch promedia 2.1 connect to this cable and work? And if this is the case do the speakers get disabled when headphones are connected to the front headphone port?

Edit: I just plugged in the speakers and they do work. It seems as if the headphones output music at the same time as the speakers does. Aside from unplugging the speakers is there a way for the speakers to be disabled when headphones are plugged in?

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
Edit: I just plugged in the speakers and they do work. It seems as if the headphones output music at the same time as the speakers does. Aside from unplugging the speakers is there a way for the speakers to be disabled when headphones are plugged in?

Unfortunately not. They operate independent of each other.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 6
I see. Unplugging one isn't too much trouble for me. Thanks.

Quote:
Unfortunately not. They operate independent of each other.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
I just received my fiio e10 and the manual says speakers can be connected to the back through the line out. This may  be a dumb question but can the 3.5mm cable from my klipsch promedia 2.1 connect to this cable and work? And if this is the case do the speakers get disabled when headphones are connected to the front headphone port?

How's the sound quality? Does the E10 actually improve sound quality for the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers? I'm on a budget and the ProMedia speakers may fit my requirements.

I'm currently using Westone UM3X and the Fiio E10. I know it'll be a downgrade, but this is just for general computer usage and I'm not home all the time.

Nov 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 6
How's the sound quality? Does the E10 actually improve sound quality for the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers? I'm on a budget and the ProMedia speakers may fit my requirements.

I'm currently using Westone UM3X and the Fiio E10. I know it'll be a downgrade, but this is just for general computer usage and I'm not home all the time.

Its great! The sub can get pretty loud. You can blast it and have no distortion. If you don't want the hassle of bookshelf speakers and blah blah these are great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back