Question on Ethics
Mar 17, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #16 of 22

Quote:
I would agree with you if the lenses were not defective.  

Oh, 4 Canon lenses out of 6 were defective. I should post that in some Nikon forum to make them happy. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #17 of 22
Actually, Canon is very notorious for front focusing issues.  I was not alone in this.  In fact, According to Amazon.com, the 70-200 F4 lens was so bad that Canon actually made a silent recall on them.  Yes, my 70-200 F4 was exchanged twice and returned for refund once because I couldn't get a working copy.

Quote:
Oh, 4 Canon lenses out of 6 were defective. I should post that in some Nikon forum to make them happy. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
what happens to the returned headphones?

Not sure about in the rest of the world, but in the UK returns to large stores (either high street or online) are often sold on to auction houses, it is then bought up by smaller companies or individuals and often ends up on eBay or at car boot sales. I have a friend who makes a living out of it on eBay.

Mar 17, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #20 of 22
As long as you tell them you didn't like them and they take them back, use their return policy without remorse.  They will change their policy or tell you no more returns if they didn't want you to send them back.  As I mentioned earlier, it's only unethical if you tell them they were defective when they were not or told them they were unopened, unused..  If they accept your return on the basis of you just not liking them, you're fine.  They know you opened them, used them, and didn't like them.  The choice is theirs if they want to accept your return.

Quote:
So no worries for me for returning headphones to Amazon?

Mar 18, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #22 of 22
The return policy offsets not being able to demo these cans in a brick and mortar store. DXCStore closed because people were demoing their cans and buying from online retailers. Amazon's does several things to keep an edge (like moving affiliates out of California) and their return policy gives them business in the long run so take advantage. I bought HD800s from them in part due to their return policy. The profit they made on that deal should cover a bunch of returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back