Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3?
Dec 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #17 of 23
  Not having had a chance to hear the HE500 I have to try and understand others experience.  The LCD2 lacked air, sparkle and detail in the highs for me as well.  For myself it is a price issue between the HE500 and the LCD 3.  I could pick up HE500s now but I'd have to wait a bit for the LCD3s.  I did fall for the sound of the LCD3s though!

The HE500 with jergpads and grill cloth removed is extremely close to LCD3 at much less $.  Personally, i am not going to buy LCD3 anymore now that I find myself very happy with the HE500. I am deciding on my next HP now, HD800 vs. T1 or something else.  

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #18 of 23
That's great to hear.  I kinda wish I would have been on the lookout for HE500s during the holiday sales.  I've been scheming on the HD800s myself.   :)

I could go HD800 AND HE500s for the price of LCD3s.

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #19 of 23
  That's great to hear.  I kinda wish I would have been on the lookout for HE500s during the holiday sales.  I've been scheming on the HD800s myself.   :)

Damn, you read my mind.  
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #21 of 23

While HE-500 is the best value…neither the HD800, HE-500, or even the LCD-2 can touch LCD-3's bass. It's a beast. You can't fake bass extension regardless of any mod. That's all drivers and of course a good seal. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #22 of 23

While HE-500 is the best value…neither the HD800, HE-500, or even the LCD-2 can touch LCD-3's bass. It's a beast. You can't fake bass extension regardless of any mod. That's all drivers and of course a good seal. 

I didn't notice the bass being that much better on the LCD 3 vs the LCD 2.  Then again I was so much more engaged with the music and enjoying it that I was simply listening and not analyzing.  The highs being much more natural and present just made them sound like a much more complete headphone to me.

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #23 of 23
  I didn't notice the bass being that much better on the LCD 3 vs the LCD 2.  Then again I was so much more engaged with the music and enjoying it that I was simply listening and not analyzing.  The highs being much more natural and present just made them sound like a much more complete headphone to me.

At first it might be hard to notice. In fact, you may even go back and forth between which you like more, I know I did (along with others). Although now after getting used to it, it's so versatile and one headphone fit all needs. I had the LCD-2 for 5 months and it was really fun after I got used to it...but now after 6 months with LCD-3, there's no contest between LCD-3 with either LCD-2 or HE-500. It's far more coherent than both of them IMO.

Trust me, the bass on the LCD-3 is definitely better. It just takes some time to get used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back