Question about Westone 2's - Really simple for people that own it :)
May 20, 2010 at 8:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Totally Dubbed

aka 1337 Gamer
aka totallydubbed2
aka TotallydubbedHD
Hey guys, i bought the W2's just a few days ago, and got them in
Have been listening to them for over 10hrs now.

I love them, the clarity of it is MUCH better, and is less muddy in comparison to my old ex500's

HOWEVER:
The bass, on my W2's is very very weak.

When i first got them, it seemed like it couldn't handle it AT ALL:
Thus when the music/bass was playing it would distort the sound massively.

Just like having full bass on a X-540 sound system, where the bass is too loud for the sound system to handle.

Whereas on my new sound system the Z-5500 (Just like the w2's SHOULD perform) it is clear, controlled and STRONG performing bass.

My ex500's are outperforming my w2's in the bass area, but in all other areas are getting royally raped :p

So the question is:
Do i need burn-in to notice that stronger bass?

Because the bass level at the moment, isn't even half as strong as my ex500's. And trust me my ex500's weren't AT ALL bass heavy earphones.
In other words, i can't feel/hear the bass at all on some songs, and in the beginning the bass was distorted completely. 

May 20, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #2 of 16
This may seem like a stupid question, but are you certain you have a good seal?

I've not used W2s, but I have W3s and until I got a really good seal, the bass wasn't too impressive.  Once I got the fit right, the bass was excellent.

May 20, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #3 of 16

Quote:
This may seem like a stupid question, but are you certain you have a good seal?

I've not used W2s, but I have W3s and until I got a really good seal, the bass wasn't too impressive.  Once I got the fit right, the bass was excellent.

not silly AT ALL.
Fair point.

Well i tried all of the seals, and IMO the comply's - normal ones seem to fit well, and feel so comfortable.
I can't even feel the W2's in my ear.

I'll play around with seal and let you know, but i don't know/think so :frowning2:

But taking you had a similar experience, i'll try my best!

I know it's different for everyone, but what seal did you use?

May 20, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #4 of 16
I have used triple flange, with the smallest flange cut off and am now using the Comply P Series (the long ones), as the short ones were too small for me.

By seal, I mean do they totally seal in your ears.. a good way to test this is to play music and push on them slightly/wiggle them and if the sound or frequency response changes, likelihood is you don't have a good seal.

May 20, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #5 of 16

Quote:
I have used triple flange, with the smallest flange cut off and am now using the Comply P Series (the long ones), as the short ones were too small for me.

By seal, I mean do they totally seal in your ears.. a good way to test this is to play music and push on them slightly/wiggle them and if the sound or frequency response changes, likelihood is you don't have a good seal.

Ok mate :0 i'll try that :D 
Thx for the help

May 20, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #13 of 16
I must admit that I had trouble getting the tips to seal at first.  The large silicon ones and the trees did it for me.  Couldn't seem to get the complys or the shure olives to go in deep enough.  Still its a nice iem when it does go in.

May 20, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #14 of 16

Quote:
I must admit that I had trouble getting the tips to seal at first.  The large silicon ones and the trees did it for me.  Couldn't seem to get the complys or the shure olives to go in deep enough.  Still its a nice iem when it does go in.

Agreed, more so, VERY comfortable :)
Although, i couldn't find a good fit with any of the silicone ones provided...
Only 2 that work:
-3 flange "tree" ones - which i cut into 2, thus removed the smallest bit (top of it) off.
-comply's P series - regular - these for me work the best, bit big at first but i'm getting used to it!

May 20, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:
Agreed, more so, VERY comfortable :)
Although, i couldn't find a good fit with any of the silicone ones provided...
Only 2 that work:
-3 flange "tree" ones - which i cut into 2, thus removed the smallest bit (top of it) off.
-comply's P series - regular - these for me work the best, bit big at first but i'm getting used to it!

Exactly what I found.

The cost of Complys, combined with the fact that I get a far better seal in my left ear than my right, the way the Complys keep getting left in my ear when I take the W3s out and the recent discount is why I plumped for some JH13s :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back