Question About Types of Camera Lens in Relation to Chicks.
Sep 29, 2009 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
I was just wondering, do you think chicks dig more old manual focus lenses attached to your camera, or do you think they dig more a guy with the newest AFS VR-III Mark3 Supernova?

Sep 29, 2009 at 10:56 AM Post #2 of 34
In what context? "I'm a hip, rugged shoot-from-the-hip photo journalist, let me take a photo of you nekkid," or "I'm a smooth, rich, sensitive art lovin' artistic type, so let me take a photo of you tastefully nude" way of thinking?

Sep 29, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #3 of 34
It probably depends. Also, I wonder whether there's a difference between Canon and Nikon in relation to chicks.

Sep 29, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #4 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks_own /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It probably depends. Also, I wonder whether there's a difference between Canon and Nikon in relation to chicks.

I think so. Even though I'm a Nikon guy, I can't deny the appeal of the "red line" of Canon's premium lenses.

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #6 of 34
What an absurd question. It's an unusual girl that cares what kind of lens you have on your camera. My experience is most girls just aren't that into gadgets. Hence the ratio of men to women on head-fi.

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #7 of 34
My theory is that you won't ever fall in love with the girl that hooks up with you due to your pe... lens-type. I hope this was a joke and apologize for my sense of humour. Or lack, thereof..
smily_headphones1.gif

Team-vanity, anyone?
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #8 of 34
Different women are definitely attracted to different styles of lens and cameras. Some go for the guy with the biggest newest lens who proudly carries it around even if the situation doesn't merit it. They think this is a guy who shows confidence and wealth but it also says I don't want to get too close.

Other girls like a guy with a manual lens adapted to a digi body because it says "I see the value in tradition but I'm a modern guy, I may hold the door open for you but I may just do the dishes, best of both worlds here".

Sometimes a woman will be more attracted to a guy with an old rangefinder shooting with a wide angle lens. The guy usually scares off the girl by always trying to get closer and catch the woman when she is unguarded and "real" but it just comes across as clingy.

Some women are attracted to the guys shooting with toy cameras, Lomos, Holgas, Dianas etc. Usually after art school they end up dumping the plastic camera guy for some dude with a giant telelens on prosumer digi something or become the trophy wife of a dentist with a Leica.

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What an absurd question. It's an unusual girl that cares what kind of lens you have on your camera. My experience is most girls just aren't that into gadgets. Hence the ratio of men to women on head-fi.

There are some exceptions. I went to a NASCAR race at Kansas City a few years back. On a whim I decided to drag along a Nikon FM with a MD-11 motor drive and a manual telephoto lens (can't remember what it was) along with my DSLR. I was walking through one of the hospitality tents and this little cutie (probably about the same age as my daughter) came up to me and complimented me on my camera rig. Turns out she was a freshman at the local community college and was pursuing a degree in Graphic Arts. She thought the old school rig was really cool.

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #15 of 34
I use old MF lenses on my k200d but no chicks seemed to notice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back