Question about this Dac on Ebay
Jul 13, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 12
Looks like the build quality is ok. Parts also look to be of hi-fi quality.

This DAC looks familiar.

Price is right.

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like the build quality is ok. Parts also look to be of hi-fi quality.

This DAC looks familiar.

Price is right.

Do you think it could be a clone of a more famous DAC?

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #4 of 12
A lot of things are cloned in China these days, but I have yet to find something copied there that was up to the same standard.
What's most important is what it sounds like.That's your question after all. It is new, so why not take a plunge and write us a test report?

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot of things are cloned in China these days, but I have yet to find something copied there that was up to the same standard.
What's most important is what it sounds like.That's your question after all. It is new, so why not take a plunge and write us a test report?

Yes I could do that but I have absolutely no experience with good quality DACs. Meaning my reference would be the IPOD and a Sony CD player
smily_headphones1.gif
. Since it is my first time buying this kind of equipment I would prefer if it was tried and tested by people here. If it is new I just have to look elsewhere.

Thanks.

Jul 13, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by vjcritic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I could do that but I have absolutely no experience with good quality DACs. Meaning my reference would be the IPOD and a Sony CD player
smily_headphones1.gif
. Since it is my first time buying this kind of equipment I would prefer if it was tried and tested by people here. If it is new I just have to look elsewhere.

Thanks.

Well based upon your statement I would suggest you go over to the For Sale section for dedicated sources and purchase a dac from an experienced Head Fier there.
1) Most likely anything being sold here has been reviewed in multiple threads throughout this forum.
2) Most likely there will be an abundance of information about the product so you will get an education as well.
3) Anything purchased in the for sale section will usually be well cared for and be sold for less than full retail so you dollar will go farther.
4) Depending on you experience with the dac, whether you like the flavor or not, you can search this forum for members with similar feelings about the same product. Having identified HFiers with similar tastes you can then follow their recommendations for further purchases and upgrades until you have emptied your wallet. Enjoy the ride and welcome!

Jul 13, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by velogreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well based upon your statement I would suggest you go over to the For Sale section for dedicated sources and purchase a dac from an experienced Head Fier there.
1) Most likely anything being sold here has been reviewed in multiple threads throughout this forum.
2) Most likely there will be an abundance of information about the product so you will get an education as well.
3) Anything purchased in the for sale section will usually be well cared for and be sold for less than full retail so you dollar will go farther.
4) Depending on you experience with the dac, whether you like the flavor or not, you can search this forum for members with similar feelings about the same product. Having identified HFiers with similar tastes you can then follow their recommendations for further purchases and upgrades until you have emptied your wallet. Enjoy the ride and welcome!

Yes I will do just that. Thanks.
280smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back