Question about the SRH840
Oct 16, 2010 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Doorbell

100+ Head-Fier
I tried doing a search for this but nothing came up. I just bought the shures and I love them, I think they are comfortable and the sounds is great right off the bat but every once in a while when I move my head I hear like a pop sound from where the cord connects into the headphones or maybe its the drivers? I don't exactly know but it's kind of annoying. The pop sound isn't exactly in the headphone but kinda like a pop you hear coming out of the headphones if that makes any sense. Has anybody else had this problem? My theory is that maybe the cord is too heavy and it's trying to pull out of the headphone jack. I don't know, any insight would be helpful. 

Oct 16, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 8
Doesnt sound like a driver problem, usually pops like that are in the connectors or the cord.  
Did you happen to get them at guitar center?  if so, take them back and just ask to test out a new cord from another 840 and see if it still happens

if it is, then something is wrong and you need to return it.  Shure has replacement cables.  I know it sucks having to buy a new set, but if you cant return it or dont want to, thats really your best bet :\

Jan 27, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 8
It could be cable or enclosure microphonics. Even though the cable is coiled, the straight lead that goes into the jack on the left cup still picks up and transfers into sound any movement or vibration it encounters. The headphone structure itself could also be creaking. My SRH440 does the same thing, usually caused by the swivel joint that holds the cups to the band getting tweaked.

Feb 3, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #8 of 8
I am going to buy the 840 tomrrow,does it happen often?or it's just your own problem?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back