Question about iems
Sep 18, 2010 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Music-etymotic

New Head-Fier
hello guys i have shure se115. when i listen to music when i put my finger and push it all the way through on my ears i get more bass. when i release my finger it becomes normal with less bass. so im wondering if i change the eartip to different ones would it make any difference? i wana know before i return them

Sep 18, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 6
YES... its just eartips or possibly a diiff angle of putting it in your ear

Sep 18, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #3 of 6
almost certainly yes..if you change the tip you may get bassier sound..or the opposite.   from my experience with iem's,different tips can give much different sound sometimes so you should really try different tip before returning them.
do you like the overall sound?  do you like the bassier sound more?    it is possible that you are not getting a perfect seal which causes the sound to be bass shy.  a good seal is important for the full bass response.

Sep 18, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 6
with a good seal you shouldnt be able to alter the sound by pushing it deeper... thats a clear sign you are missing out on sealing it better.

Sep 18, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
with a good seal you shouldnt be able to alter the sound by pushing it deeper... thats a clear sign you are missing out on sealing it better.

maybe you are right...but i have noticed that there is such a thing as "over sealing"..by that i mean that you can actually get the eartip too deep than it should be and the sound get really muddy and too bassy.   that's why i insert my etymotic until i can't push them further with ease..but i still can push them deeper with a little more power (and pain) if i wanted to.

Sep 19, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 6
ya there is a finesse to it for sure... Still trying to find the sweat spot with fit with my dbas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back