Question about headband padding for the HD 650?
Nov 9, 2010 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Skarecrow77

100+ Head-Fier
My HD 650s have 6 or 7 good years of wear and use on them, and they're starting to get pretty shabby, but I still love them.

The main problem I notice from day to day is that the headband padding has completely worn to the point where I've got the actual plastic headband sitting on top of my head. I apparently have a somewhat lumpy head and it can get pretty uncomfortable.

I've checked Sennheiser's website, and they don't seem to offer a replacement pad for the 650s, although they do offer one for the 580/600s. Since the 650s are based on the 600s, could I expect that that headband pad would fit the 650s?

Also, just as an aside, anybody ever have a problem with one of the cord terminator plugs getting "stuck" in the phones? I want to replace my cable (yes, I'm happy with the stock one) while I'm at it, but I haven't been able to remove the right plug in years. I've gotten to the point where I yanked on it with a pair of pliers hard enough to worry about damaging the cans, and it still wouldn't come out. I'm afraid I'm going to have to disassemble the driver housing to see what's going on.

Nov 10, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 2
I wopuld suggest you check Ebay for a headband pad that simply clips around the Senn band. It looks great and is more comfortable. Here a website to check:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Sennheiser-Headband-Foam-Replacement-Part-HD650-580-800-/200476490867?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ead547c73 

Actually I have a feeling someone said you can get them from Beyer as well quite cheaply.

The connnectors wedge themselves in somehow. I've had a couple of 650s that wouldn't release their connectors even with pliers. Did you try wiggling the connectors as you pulled--that sometimes helps. Otherwise I can only suggest gritting your teeth and showing it who's boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back