Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad
Jun 28, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #361 of 458
Quote:
As to the auto-normalizer feature: remember that you can turn it off. The auto-normalizer was introduced for people who do not know how to use an equalizer. Most people on here are not part of that group and do know how to manage the curve and the pre-amp.
So feel free to turn the auto-normalizer off, ok?

Does the auto-normalizer work similarly as compressor/limiter, or is it more like ReplayGain? 

I had bought External iPod Controls a while ago. I was first really happy that it also works with Equalizer as well as the default iPod app, but then it stopped working properly (no matter what setting, as soon as I press one of the volume buttons, it will skip tracks).

I'm just wondering if you have any ambition/interest in doing something similar to External iPod Controls? It is a fantastic idea and solves one of the biggest problems of the iOS devices for people who listen to music by touch only (such as having the device in their pocket), and hate to have to look at the screen in order to skip tracks, pause, and so on. 

Jul 7, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #362 of 458
Just a quick question about my Ipad. If I wanted something like poweramp (android app) does anyone know if there is something like it? I am mainly looking for an app that has crossfeed. I was looking to avoid buying an amp but it may be my only choice for this feature.

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #364 of 458
Scosche has a free app called TuneQ for iOS

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #365 of 458
Auto-Normalizer is an automatic preamp control.
It does not compress or limit the audio.
It is not ReplayGain either.
I believe Apple's system of SoundCheck is doing something very similar to ReplayGain and Equalizer supports it. However, Souncheck (and ReplayGain) build on the initial audio, not what comes out of the equalizer.

Auto-normalizer goes a step ahead and analyzes the actual audio output and adjusts that output without changing the frequency response. I see it more like dynamic range optimization.

EDIT: last.fm scrobble will be in the next update :)

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #367 of 458
Equalizer app is really good. Ive used it on the i pad, really handy once you get to work around on how to use the curves. It can be tricky at times. the gain adjustment is good. user interface is similar to the i pod one you get to search and filter all songs. the only downside would be is that 7 bands may not be enough to adjust curves since it takes a while to get the settings right. it is still buggy with its latest update and does randomly crash or just close and become unresponsive. Maybe we should post our eq settings for this app, see what everyones using ? 

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #368 of 458
Quote:
Equalizer app is really good. Ive used it on the i pad, really handy once you get to work around on how to use the curves. It can be tricky at times. the gain adjustment is good. user interface is similar to the i pod one you get to search and filter all songs. the only downside would be is that 7 bands may not be enough to adjust curves since it takes a while to get the settings right. it is still buggy with its latest update and does randomly crash or just close and become unresponsive. Maybe we should post our eq settings for this app, see what everyones using ? 

Seven bands is plenty. Don't forget, you can set the frequency of each band.
I used the app on my 4th gen Touch when I still had it and I loved it.Of course, that was months ago before the iOS update, so it's unfortunate to hear of its recent troubles. but if I get another iOS device in the future, I will definitely go back to Equalizer.

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #369 of 458
I used the app on my 4th gen Touch when I still had it and I loved it.Of course, that was months ago before the iOS update, so it's unfortunate to hear of its recent troubles. but if I get another iOS device in the future, I will definitely go back to Equalizer.

Lol!!! Nice avatar,...:wink:

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #370 of 458
Quote:
Lol!!! Nice avatar,...
wink.gif

Wait till next month......
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #372 of 458
Quote:

Keep in mind that if you need more than seven bands in order to tune your headphone or speaker to accuracy/neutrality, then it's time to get rid of that POS. Ideally, you want to use audio products that aren't so skewed that even seven bands of EQ can't fix its flaws. Price isn't a factor either; there are plenty of low cost products that aren't severely skewed in sonic signature.

Dec 8, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #373 of 458
Quote:

Keep in mind that if you need more than seven bands in order to tune your headphone or speaker to accuracy/neutrality, then it's time to get rid of that POS. Ideally, you want to use audio products that aren't so skewed that even seven bands of EQ can't fix its flaws. Price isn't a factor either; there are plenty of low cost products that aren't severely skewed in sonic signature.

That's a very good point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back