Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad
May 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #348 of 458
The bug I'm experiencing with my 2G touch with this app is rendering it unusable. It works fine for a few hours, but after a while songs repeat the last few seconds before moving to the next. Once it starts doing it - it won't stop with every song.

Please if there's a fix for this let me know, I can't be the only one. 

PS: There's currently no more updates for the 2G touch. 
rolleyes.gif

May 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #349 of 458
Quote:
The bug I'm experiencing with my 2G touch with this app is rendering it unusable. It works fine for a few hours, but after a while songs repeat the last few seconds before moving to the next. Once it starts doing it - it won't stop with every song.

Please if there's a fix for this let me know, I can't be the only one. 

PS: There's currently no more updates for the 2G touch. 
rolleyes.gif

I don't think there is a fix. All of these apps, EQu, Equalizer, etc, are all designed for  4th-gen devices which are more capable than the older devices.

May 27, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #350 of 458
Quote:
I don't think there is a fix. All of these apps, EQu, Equalizer, etc, are all designed for  4th-gen devices which are more capable than the older devices.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. EQu won't work on a 2G you simply cannot buy it because it's not supported, but Equalizer still lets you 'pay' installs, then runs like an old cow on a 2G ipod touch., Then in reality this app should not be supported at all for lower generations ipods. It kind of defeats the purpose allowing a half working product. That's why I thought maybe a possible fix or I was doing something wrong.

May 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #351 of 458
I bought "equalizer" and the bbe app.  So far my favorite is the bbe app.  Equalizer is just too buggy.  Constant freezes and the auto normalizer freaks out from time to time almost blowing out my eardrums.  The bbe app is nice and simple but the player is lacking at the moment(Can't pick an individual album from artist and track numbers are out of order).  They do have an update coming that is supposed to address those issues though.

May 30, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #353 of 458
equ has definitely improved, i tried the new version and for the first time ever really enjoy that app, so much so that i'd probably choose it over the equalizer app at this point.. though truth be told i primarily use the clip zip these days.

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #357 of 458
Ok is moving the entire line up essentialy turning up the volume like normal because adjusting the bands is adjusting the volume of different frequencies, so turning it all up would just be turning the volume up?If not how does one fix this volume problem? I'm thinking of doing that and then using a decibal moniter app to make it the same loudness as when it's played off the normal player. Where is a good app to moniter the volume of your music? Oh, and again, any way to have the music play while not in the EQu player?

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #358 of 458
I just got EQu also, and I'll have to say it is great.  There are still a few features I'd like to see;
  • Better memory management (iPod multi-tasking takes a big hit)
  • Player gold-plating (last.fm integration, cover flow, etc.)
  • The ability to type in my EQ values.  I have fat fingers that make sliding difficult.

I'm using this with my new Klipsch Reference S4 and it sounds outstanding with the following "rock" eq.

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #359 of 458

How do I change that? And I can't listen to music while I'm surfing the web or something on my iPhone. What is this?

Hit the little gear looking thing and make sure Play in Backround is On.  I think that'll do it.  I can use Safari and EQu at the same time.

And and make sure you're in Loud mode, not Safe mode.

Originally Posted by WittyName /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The ability to type in my EQ values.  I have fat fingers that make sliding difficult.

Turn your iPod or phone sideways, it makes it a little easier I've found.

I've been getting a a few updates recently, so at least they're trying to make it better.  My biggest issue is how   quickly it eats the battery.

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #360 of 458
Sorry for not posting for a long time.
I have been working on tracking down a couple of bugs that were hard to reproduce (nightmare of every developer).
So, in essence I found that there are certain situations, where Apple's own code is actually hanging the system, and because Equalizer uses that code, it generates a crash that is then blamed on Equalizer. Well, to make a long story short, I have found a work-around and it is being test right now.
I am also slowly adding features that have been requested over the last couple of month but my main focus was to nail down the freezing issue some of you encountered (while others did not at all).

So, there will be a new update coming soon with lots of fixes and some new features.

Now here is a list of things that will not make it into this update but are on my list for the subsequent update (just so you are not too disappointed when downloading the update...):
So, not in the next update but work in progress:
- Last.fm scrobbling
- improving the lyrics over the album art
- showing all songs of an artist (you can already do that if you go the + route) but not via the music icon selection route
- remember shuffle (this is a tricky one as it extends start up time and that's something alot of users do not accept. So I have to still find a creative way to not make that less intrusive)

As always, please let me know if there is anything you think needs fixing or adding. Some things are possible and others I have to choose whether it makes sense or not.

As to the auto-normalizer feature: remember that you can turn it off. The auto-normalizer was introduced for people who do not know how to use an equalizer. Most people on here are not part of that group and do know how to manage the curve and the pre-amp.
So feel free to turn the auto-normalizer off, ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back