Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad
Mar 14, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #181 of 458
great update. using it now

a few questions and suggestions

first.. does using the background optimization mode degrade the sound quality.  i ask because it says it uses a diff. audio engine.. can you explain that a bit.

suggestions:

Cropping playlists
one feature i would love to see.. albeit a minor and possibly not highly demanded one.  a crop feature.
the would allow me to instantly clear my entire playlist except the song that is currently playing.
this is great for when you are listening to a song you like, and have a mood change and want to dump everything else on the list and ad new stuff without interupting what you are currently listening to.

resume improvement
another thing i just noticed right this moment is that if i am listening to music and one of my alarms goes off, it stops my song.. obviously, but when i stop the alarm it does not remember where i was in the song.  it takes me back to the song selection screen, and i have to navigate back to my playlist, hit play and start from scratch.  

UPDATE: one more thing.. may have asked about this before.. but the feature where if you pull out your headphone cord and the music stops automatically.. that would be stellar. so many times i have forgotten that this feature doesnt exist, yanked my cord, and suddenly everyone in the room is listening to lossless audio out of an Ipod speaker.. its a shame really :wink:

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #182 of 458
Audioforge...  eq is a great app for itunes...but what about those of us that don't have a large itunes collection and use rhapsody subscription for our mass listening? is there a way to use rhapsody's playlist with your app? subscriptions are the way of the future for the masses. i touch/phone plus rhapsody = unlimted free music for $10 a month.

chip

Mar 14, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #183 of 458
It's a nice update from both apps.  One thing I don't understand though is the new equalizer icon.  In the app store it looks beautiful.  Once installed it looks distinctly low-res, and not much like the app store icon.  Is there something wrong with my particular device?  I ask because there are a couple of other apps that behave similarly (mega man ii, jr hexatone pro).  I tried doing a couple of procedures to fix iphone icon corruption, but none worked.

Mar 15, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #184 of 458
*Subscribed* Just gave my Ipod touch 1st gen to my mother w/ a pair of KSC75's, but I'll be getting an Iphone shortly....
AudioForge, does your app allow you to cut off all sound below a curtain frequency (for example, everything below 20hz to help tame bass distortion on a pair of cans)
Thank you

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #185 of 458

Quote:
Audioforge...  eq is a great app for itunes...but what about those of us that don't have a large itunes collection and use rhapsody subscription for our mass listening? is there a way to use rhapsody's playlist with your app? subscriptions are the way of the future for the masses. i touch/phone plus rhapsody = unlimted free music for $10 a month.

chip

Death to DRM!

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #186 of 458

Quote:
Just a heads up that a big update for Equalizer has been approved just now:

- No more delay on start up if you choose to use the simple playlist mode (default now). You can get the old playlist mode in the settings app.
- Background optimized mode (set in the settings screen and terminate and relaunch app to make it stick) that prevents most skipping in multitasking (no visualization though).
- More presets
- undo shuffle button
- portrait orientation for all direct mode screens
- small rendering of the current eq curve in all screens. tap on it to get to the curve screen
- more fixes under the hood

It will be available during the course of today.

Thanks....a great app gets even better!
beerchug.gif

Mar 16, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #188 of 458
Wow, lots to cover:

first.. does using the background optimization mode degrade the sound quality.  i ask because it says it uses a diff. audio engine.. can you explain that a bit.
No sound degradation. As a matter of fact, the output to the d/a is exactly the same. I shaved away a lot of overhead needed for visualization as well as a few more voodoo tricks to bring the sound engine down to the bare bones. As such, it is a different audio engine. With exactly the same output.

a crop feature.
on my list to evaluate.

resume
Can you check behavior for background optimized? I thought I had this fixed.

pull headset out to stop music
Again, I believe I fixed this at least in the background optimized mode. Care to double check? It should ask you if you want to continue play music through the speakers or stop.

rhapsody
To evaluate

icon
not sure. Can you post a hires screenshot (or email to me) to explain better? PM me for my email addy

cut audio below 20 Hz
Actually, I *could* set Equalizer to give you access to the frequencies down to 1 Hz. However, I have found some artifacts happening when I do this. So current freq range is 20 - 20000 Hz.
You could overlay the curves of the 7 control points to go down to -48 dB but again, I do not offer 1-20 Hz. However, would it server your purpose if I would allow for a setting that takes out everything below 20 Hz? (ie a 4 pole highpass or so). That would make more sense and I might play around with that...

Mar 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #190 of 458
yes...that...

Hey guys!

Im loving, i mean, HUGE loving EQu on my godphone 4.
It seriiusly makes my UM2s shine.

I am getting a glitch though.
It seems like EQu dosnt play according to my playlist sequence.
It somewhat either skips, or jumps around the tracks.
And, the "now playing" song display sometimes dosnt show the song that is actually playing.
And and, sometimes when i close EQu, and restart, it jumps back to the beginning of the song. Not great for my long trance tracks. :)
Anybody with the same woos?

Thanx!

Mar 16, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #191 of 458
when use equalizer's background mode, and unplug my headphones a box comes up saying i unplugged, ans aske me if i want to stop or play.   i plug my headphones back in, press the play option, and nothing happens.  The progress bar indicates the song has started over, but it does not move and i get no sound.  i have to manually hit play on the song itself,and then scroll back to where i left off

in simple playlist mode could you make it so we can browse in the same way as the normal ipod app, like you have done for complex playlist mode.  also be sure that when sorting by artist, each album is choosable independantly.
right now im simple playlist mode if i browse by artist, i get all songs listed by that artist.  minorly annoying.. especially when i want ot browse by artist, then shuffle a single album of theirs

thanks

Mar 18, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #192 of 458
I was so very excited when I saw this thread. "Finally!", thought I, "my ipod touch won't suck as much!"

Sadly, it seems, the suck is still very much with me. My old 2G touch isn't even supported to run EQu, and as for equalizer - no matter how much I "dumb down" the settings I get an initial pop-up message saying my device is too old and slow to run it properly, and - sure enough - the app starts skipping and crashes by the 2nd song.

I don't blame the developer(s), though. It really does seem like a great set of products for those that can make use of it. It's just time for me to upgrade to a clip+.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #193 of 458

Quote:
I was so very excited when I saw this thread. "Finally!", thought I, "my ipod touch won't suck as much!"

Sadly, it seems, the suck is still very much with me. My old 2G touch isn't even supported to run EQu, and as for equalizer - no matter how much I "dumb down" the settings I get an initial pop-up message saying my device is too old and slow to run it properly, and - sure enough - the app starts skipping and crashes by the 2nd song.

I don't blame the developer(s), though. It really does seem like a great set of products for those that can make use of it. It's just time for me to upgrade to a clip+.
smily_headphones1.gif

did you try the "4 bands" option in the main settings section of the touch for the equalizer app.  I only ask b/c many of us didnt know it was there until the dev pointed it out.

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #194 of 458
I don't know what i'm doing wrong but I can't get this to work on my 3G with the 4.1.1 updates?
I agree it looks totally killer and could be a game changer just can't get it to work at all on my phone.   Any advice?   When I open it, it just flashes away...that's all it will do....maybe I will check for an update.

Mar 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #195 of 458
I'm not having luck with either EQ app

iPhone 3Gs

EQu (purchased @ $2.99)
- song stutters very briefly, and happens about 5 times during each track
- I love the interface and attention to detail

EQ free
- all my songs played like Alvin and the Chipmunks! ... funny, but not useful at this point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back