Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad
Feb 27, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #166 of 458

Quote:
There's some really awesome updates coming in the next Equalizer version. The stability has really been ironed out.... it only stutters every now and then with the beta I'm running so I would imagine Tibor is going to tweak it to be even better. Playlist/Library handling has been improved and includes alphabetical browsing. There's an undo shuffle option now. Tibor took my suggestion for moving the progress bar down, so you know this guy listens to feedback. This is an awesome app now and I'm not even using EQu anymore. Although I hope EQu can improve their app because I really like it.

Hey Tibor is there a song limit with Equalizer? I thought I read someone saying it can only handle 3,000 tracks or so.

Quote:

Great news bro, I can't wait!!! And I think it was Marv who mentioned the 3600 track limit issue.

It was indeed Marv.....and that info came from here, a post from Tibor himself....http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/529691/review-equ-parametric-eq-for-the-ipodtouch-iphone-ipad/60#post_7280884
That limit may or may not still be there, but that's where I heard of it.

Feb 27, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #168 of 458

Quote:

Sounds great!

How do we get to be beta testers for these apps, being the enthusiasts we are.

Hi to all EQu users,

We are working on an update since the last release... If you guys would like to be beta testers please write an email to info@elephantcandy.com

For the new update we have listened to all the reviews, mails, youtube reactions, etc. The main function which was missing appeared to be the scrubbing through a song... Well we have fixed this! The way you can repeat and shuffle have been improved and we also developed a new way to customize the interface...

Please mention your device, iOS and UDID if you would like to be a beta tester.

Thanks,

elephantcandy

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #170 of 458
If you want to beta test Equalizer, just PM me here or use the contact form on my website: http://audioforge.ca

The limit of 3600 ish songs does not apply for the new way of selecting songs. It's pretty much the iPod way. However, once you started playing an album or collection of songs from an artist, you can reorder the playlist on the fly. Great to remove that annoying song from your otherwise favorite album, etc.

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #171 of 458
^ good to know there isn't a limit. Loving the beta you released today! It's coming along very well, great job man.

Quote:
For the new update we have listened to all the reviews, mails, youtube reactions, etc. The main function which was missing appeared to be the scrubbing through a song... Well we have fixed this! The way you can repeat and shuffle have been improved and we also developed a new way to customize the interface...

What about CPU optimization?

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #173 of 458
Man this EQ app looks so great I might concider getting an iPhone in the future even if I'm slightly against Apple and their marketing only to be able to use this. LOL

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #177 of 458
There's a new version of EQu now available. I thought when elephantcandy said there would be a way to customize the UI I thought more along the lines of moving the player controls down but he meant color customization. Seems a bit more stable though!

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #178 of 458
im still waiting for EQu to seperate albums out in the "artist" category.  its worthless to me to browse by artist, which i usually prefer, when all of that artists songs are in one huge list.  way to hard to navigate.

as for equalizer.. we gotta get rid of that delay when it opens due to counting the songs in the playlist.  this just doesnt work. 

otherwise equalizer still does it for me over equ.  the deal breaker for equ is the difficulty in maniuplating the eq itself.  maybe with a stylus..

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #179 of 458
I think they don't take that extra step in separating the artist by albums because it may get too close to the patented Apple UI. I personally think they should do an overhaul if they aren't going to do what you (and i'm sure others) request.

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #180 of 458
Just a heads up that a big update for Equalizer has been approved just now:

- No more delay on start up if you choose to use the simple playlist mode (default now). You can get the old playlist mode in the settings app.
- Background optimized mode (set in the settings screen and terminate and relaunch app to make it stick) that prevents most skipping in multitasking (no visualization though).
- More presets
- undo shuffle button
- portrait orientation for all direct mode screens
- small rendering of the current eq curve in all screens. tap on it to get to the curve screen
- more fixes under the hood

It will be available during the course of today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back