Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad
Feb 19, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #137 of 458
audioforge - whats the big equation behind the blue playlist screen?

also i just noticed that the "save mode" switch in the settings app does not stay on.. once you open and close the equalizer ap.. or maybe its the settings app, the switch is turned back off.. glitch?

i do have another request albeit minor.. i would like to be able to permanently delete the EQ presets.. when i delete them, and close the app, they come back.

thanks

Feb 19, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #138 of 458

Quote:
also i just noticed that the "save mode" switch in the settings app does not stay on.. once you open and close the equalizer ap.. or maybe its the settings app, the switch is turned back off.. glitch?

Confirmed. The save setting doesn't save after you've used it once.

I've been getting weird glitches when multitasking. If I'm using the browser and playing a song sometimes when a certain page is fairly intensive it will cause the app the skip and stutter and when I go to the app to skip the song it will start playing the next song on top of the skipping track and it starts to fast forward while playing! 

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #139 of 458
@Audioforge & Br777: I found the setting, I've activated it, and I'll test it later this evening. Thank you, and sorry for the "shouting".

Quote:

^  its in the "settings" app..
go to your home scren - settings, then scroll downt o equalizer... boda bing

THANKS audioforge... i never even would have known that settings area existed if you hadnt said something... and yes, that fixed it.  

Quote:
Quote:

if you encounter problems starting up Equalizer: please go in your settings app and enable 'save start' in the options for Equalizer. It will not check your playlist on the next startup. I can see that this causes grief and am thinking about other ways to deal with this.

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #140 of 458
I feel Equ has a much better UI where I can just select a song and play it. For equalizer I need to go and add it to a playlist and everything. I hope equalizer can adopt a similar scheme with the easiness of selecting what song I want to play and everything.

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #141 of 458
Equalizer is still a beta, it's too buggy, doesn't save settings, and crashes on me every time I use it. EQu, battery hog that it may be, is the better app. It's stable, the SQ is fantastic (Equalizer has excellent SQ as well), and it DOESN'T CRASH WHEN I USE IT!!!

I agree, Equalizer needs work, but more than just w/the playlists.

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #142 of 458
Soundwise and the way I can tweak, I prefer the Equalizer.  But I also am having MAJOR stability issues.  I was trying to get a setup for one song and It crashed 27 straight times when I pushed play.  Almost made me throw my ipad against the wall!!  When it isn't crashing though, I really like Equalizer best.  Part of the problem is that there's such a DB drop on EQu that it bothers me.  Also, EQu overmodulates very quickly.  Perhaps that might be more realistic, but it needs a little more flexibility. 

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #143 of 458
Equalizer has major potential,...I really hope they fix it's flaws - it would be spectacular!!!

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #144 of 458
Hmm, well I have been using EQu for a bit and I like just about everything about it EXCEPT that when you want to really fine tune the waveforms it can be difficult, especially when to points are very close together.  Equalizer has solved this problem.  Equalizer is better for waveform creation.

In most other respects though, EQu is better to use. If you add more than 1 album to the equalizer playlist at a time (say, all albums of a single artist, or all albums in your library), the songs are sorted alphabetically by song title and there is no way to re-sort them except manually.  I can't ever think of a use case where I would want to sort my songs alphabetically by song title!  Let alone making that the only sort method!

The shuffle button is weird too.  It is too close to the manual edit playlist button and once it has been touched there is no going back.  You pretty much have to trash the playlist and begin again.  This can be a real pita.

Also, no retina support at this time?  The icon even looks low resolution.  Also, the waveform can only be shown in landscape, so if you are using your playlist in portrait mode and go back to waveshaping, you have to turn the device sideways.  This is odd because since the points can be controlled so precisely it shouldn't matter which orientation the waveform is displayed.

I have also encountered the start save bug.  

I like both apps but for different reasons.  Equalizer needs retina support and playlist sorting options, as well as a fix to the start save bug.  EQu needs a way to more precisely control the waveform.

It would really be nice if both apps included an 'advanced user' sine-sweep function and pink noise generator function for tuning the waveforms to each phone.  It's not a big deal to tune each of my phones on windows with sine-gen 2.1 and other tools, but that is specific to my ears only.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #145 of 458
I haven't had a whole lot of time to kick back and listen the last few days...so I haven't experienced any of this stuff yet....just swapped some content out on the player, so we'll see what happens.

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #146 of 458
Agreed.  Seems like they really have the sound and the tweaking part worked out.  The Equalizer needs to focus on stability and perhaps opening up the entire library to use instead of having to make your own playlists.  And really that's a small issue for me.  Just getting the stability fixed would be huge.  Because the rest of the time it works great.  Once it stays running, you can go out to any of your other apps and do what you need to do. 
Also, Hopefully one day in the future they make the app to fit the ipad screen also. 

Quote:
Equalizer has major potential,...I really hope they fix it's flaws - it would be spectacular!!!

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #147 of 458
Keep up the good work. Any idea when iphone 4 support will be incorporated?

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #148 of 458
Double post.

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #150 of 458

Quote:
Agreed.  Seems like they really have the sound and the tweaking part worked out.  The Equalizer needs to focus on stability and perhaps opening up the entire library to use instead of having to make your own playlists.  And really that's a small issue for me.  Just getting the stability fixed would be huge.  Because the rest of the time it works great.  Once it stays running, you can go out to any of your other apps and do what you need to do. 
Also, Hopefully one day in the future they make the app to fit the ipad screen also. 

I finally found something that would make Equalizer skip a little bit during playback.....and that is browsing Head-Fi with my Touch.....lol. (I don't have tapatalk) I usually just listen, but after reading about others' issues, I had to experiment.

Other than that, it seems to work fine for me, at least with the amount of songs I currently have on the player.(1124) And I notice that it is a much quicker and easier process to set up a new headphone profile with Equalizer than it is with EQu.....that said, either one yields great results once dialed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back