Quail Power Cord Group Buy
Feb 28, 2007 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

intlplby

500+ Head-Fier
I've decided to put together a Quail Power cord group buy.

The Quail Power Cord is the exact same power cord as the Iron Lung Jellyfish that is commonly available for $39 each. This is a 300% mark-up on the price direct from Quail electronics. For quantities 1-49 the price I was quoted is $9.73. There is a $50 minimum purchase and I am going to be buying 5-6 of these so I will reach the minimum purchase amount on my own.

To read a review of the power cord check out this thread.

Here is the link to the Quail Power Cord

The quote I received is for part number 0313.072 which is the 6 ft model with a 15 Amp rating and 14ga conductors. I can any of the following lengths: 2ft, 4ft, 6ft, 8ft, 10ft, 20ft or 25ft. I do not have a quoted price for the other lengths yet, but if you are interested in a length other than 6 ft, let me know and I will find out the price for it.

I have done a group buy before. I organized the Silver Wire Group Buy a few years ago. It was an incredible amount of work and I probably spent at least 80+ hours on the task. This time I am asking that anyone who buys in this group buy to add $1-2 per cord for time and effort to make this work. This is a completely voluntary cost, however I don't think anyone will have a problem with it. If you are short on cash you don't need to pay it.

Basically I am going to run this similar to the last time I did a group buy.
1) I am going to take requests from February 27th until March 8th.
2) From March 8th to March 10th I expect all initial paypal payments to be placed. This initial payment is the cost of however many cords you ordered.
3) Once I receive the cords I will package them in large Tyvek envelopes and mail them using US Mail.
4) After you have received the power cords I expect a paypal payment for the cost of shipping and the voluntary cost for my effort if you should choose to include it.

Code:

Code:
[left]Head-Fi USERNAME QUANTITY LENGTH COST SHIPPING TOTAL STATUS intlplby 6 6 ft 58.38 N/A 58.38 NOT SHIPPED agile_one 6 0312.048 ??? ??? ??? NOT SHIPPED abs@nilenet.com 2 6 ft 19.46 ??? ??? NOT SHIPPED izquierdaste 2 6 ft 19.46 ??? ??? NOT SHIPPED khbaur330162 2 6 ft 19.46 ??? ??? NOT SHIPPED ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SteveHoffman USERNAME QUANTITY LENGTH COST SHIPPING TOTAL STATUS intlplby 6 6 ft 58.38 N/A 58.38 NOT SHIPPED[/left]

My Head-Fi feedback thread can be found here.

If there is an overwhelming amount of demand I may extent the order dates, but hopefully this will be a manageable size group buy.

NOTE: PLEASE POST YOUR ORDERS IN THIS THREAD INSTEAD OF SENDING ME PRIVATE MESSAGES

I have posted this group buy on Head-Fi and SteveHoffman.tv. Please only place an order in only one of these forums if you happen to belong to both.

Feb 28, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 30
wow just when i bought two iljs thinking i got a killer deal @ 30 bucks for 2.... if only you did this one day earlier lol.
biggrin.gif
frown.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #5 of 30
I will take 6 Part # 0312.048 4' 14 AWG 3 SJTW.

These are the same as you spec'd, only in 4 ft length. If a hassle getting 4 ft, I'll stay in and go for 6 ft.

Thanks for your effort and initiative, intlplby. Let me know when and where to PayPal you.

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #9 of 30
Just started thinking about the saying "crap in crap out" and I think I've found new meaning to it.

Put me down for two of the 6 footers. When will/should we pay? Will you send us a quote in a PM or something?

Thanks a lot for letting us all in on the deal. Much appreciated.

khbaur

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #10 of 30
Guys the Jellyfish is right now 2 for 29.99, plus 6.00 shipping, that makes it like 18.00 each. Not sure to what extend this hassle and efford is worth to save a few bucks in each cable, an wait up to a month or more for them...that is up to you, also for experience I know that you have to order the same type of cable from Quail to make the offer valid. It is not like 3 members want shielded, and the rest in black, and three more with ferrite cores etc...all of them have to be alike, at least that was how they handled it the last time we organized the group buy here...

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #11 of 30
yea sov's right. I ordered mine on the 26th and I got it today from the iron lung sale. 36 bucks. lol now I dont feel too bad. These things are so stiff when I bend them I hear creaking sounds haha.

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #12 of 30
I'm in no hurry to get them, so saving a few bucks is totally worth it.

However, if all the cables have to be exactly the same, I'd like to know what length, color, etc. the cables will be before committing.

Mar 1, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #13 of 30
IIRC, there is a 1-digit/letter difference between the markings on the Quail cord and the Jellyfish. This marking may be inconsequential, or it could be critical, I have no idea, but it is there.
blink.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #14 of 30
Sovkiller,
it's not 2 for $29.... it's 2 at $29 EACH..... go to their site and add 2 to the cart and check your cart total....$65.98 with shipping

I've emailed quail and the salesperson I talked to confirmed that they are in fact the exact same cable...

if you check out the links I gave in my original post all the other questions have been answered.

Markl, what is the marking on the Jellyfish cord you have. I check with the Quail representive to see if it matters

The cables I am ordering only come in Grey unless you get a 25'/15A or 10'/10A length, which are black. I doubt anyone here will want cables that long.

For logistics reasons I am only going to order cables from this page. If you have a special request, PM me and I can look into it.

In my case $29 a piece is a lot when I need one for a pre-amp, phono amp, head-amp, and one for each power amp. That's over $150 with shipping.

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by intlplby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sovkiller,
it's not 2 for $29.... it's 2 at $29 EACH..... go to their site and add 2 to the cart and check your cart total....$65.98 with shipping

No, it is $29.99 per pair. If you put 2 to the cart, you end up with 4 cables. Trust me, I ordered one order for $29.99 + $6 shipping and got 2 cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back