Quad Heart By-pass this week
Feb 23, 2008 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

slwiser

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello All

I will try to get back with those who have PM me over the last two weeks but lately I have been out of the loop and into four others (heart-bypass that is). Just got back today. My wife would finish the job if she knew I got on the computer after bringing my home this afternoon.

Slwiser

Feb 23, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 46
Glad you made it through! I assume you're doing well since you're at home, but there's still a bit of recovery. How are you feeling? Are you able to sleep well?

Best wishes for a fast recovery-

Feb 23, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #3 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello All

I will try to get back with those who have PM me over the last two weeks but lately I have been out of the loop and into four others (heart-bypass that is). Just got back today. My wife would finish the job if she knew I got on the computer after bringing my home this afternoon.

Slwiser

Wow, since you are online at the moment it sounds like the surgery went well and your wife hasn't finished the job. I hope your recovery goes well!

Feb 23, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 46
Glad you are at home and recovering. I hope the recovery is quick.

cheers
Simon

Feb 23, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 46
glad to hear things went well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #8 of 46
Went in for a stress test on Friday before last. They saw something very troubling so the admitted me to the hospital for a cauterization procedure to see what the problem was. Got in to late on Friday for the procedure. So they did not want to release me and schedule the procedure for 7 am Monday. At 7 am the procedure occurred. By 11 am I was on the table being rolled into the operating room and out by 6 pm (at least that is what my wife said). Home today....WOW they don't keep you but with good health care we can at least not have to wait to long I think. Quadruple-by-pass surgery is very hard on you physically and emotionally. I am doing well from what the Doctors are telling me. I wife is finding that my hormones are doing me much like what she has had to put up with over the last few decades. She is getting at least a kick out of that part.

Feb 24, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #10 of 46
My brother in law went through almost the same thing recently. When it happens so quickly its hard to take it all in - the fear, the shock & then the recovery. My best thoughts are with you & your family. If its any consolation my BIL says he feels 15 yrs younger & better than he has in years!

Feb 24, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #11 of 46
I'm glad to hear everything went well. A buddy of mine had it done about 5 years ago. It's amazing how quickly he recovered. A month after the operation, he too said he felt better than he had in years.

Feb 24, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #12 of 46
Glad you're doing well physically and that will help a lot emotionally! Heck, I didn't even know they could do a quad bypass. I always thought triple was a complicated as it gets.

Feb 24, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #14 of 46
Good health to you, slwiser. I had a single stent put in about 3 years ago...just before Bill Clinton got his. Not as big a surgery as yours but a shocker none the less at age 50. Rest up some, your body needs it and get plenty of sleep. I felt tired for two whole months...although started work in two weeks...I should have rested more me thinks. But doing great now. Had a GXT 6 months ago and did great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back