QUAD ERA-1 Thread
Nov 18, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #2,180 of 2,247
I am extremely disappointed, terrible experience with quad era 1
That’s not the ERA-1 you’re disappointed with, it’s the broken headphones you have. It could be any brand or model, if they’re faulty you will have a terrible experience. If you have an option to return/ repair through the source you bought them from to get a working pair I’d recommend you push for it.

Terrible sorry you’re having these problems but it isn’t the Quads per se

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #2,181 of 2,247
That’s not the ERA-1 you’re disappointed with, it’s the broken headphones you have. It could be any brand or model, if they’re faulty you will have a terrible experience. If you have an option to return/ repair through the source you bought them from to get a working pair I’d recommend you push for it.

Terrible sorry you’re having these problems but it isn’t the Quads per se
just to get home the transport took 7 days imagine how long for a return, the headphones must go then return if everything goes well 14 days

Nov 22, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #2,182 of 2,247
Hey I just got a pair of these and would love a comfier / hybrid type pad but Dekoni doesn't support Quad. Anyone have a recommendation for a site?
You've to mod for yourself.
I can highly recommend ZMF Universe Lambskin Perforated pads.
I love the feeling and sound on my Era-1. :)
So much comfier than the OG leather pads.

It's easy to do, just have a look at my post in this thread.

Nov 24, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #2,183 of 2,247
Does anyone have experience wit the ERA-1 on the new Schiit Mjolnir3? Really thinking about upgrading my Lyr+, but love to hear some impressions..

Dec 7, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #2,186 of 2,247
In your opinion, between the 2 pairs of pads, which one sounds better on the quad?
I thinks it's going to be down to a mixture of personal preference and partnering equipment to define which sounds better to you. Personally, I prefer the felt pads. They seem to have slightly less but slightly deeper, clearer bass with a little more resolution across the board.

Also these improve with plenty of hours of use, so you may prefer one pad to start with and another 100 hours in.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #2,187 of 2,247
I thinks it's going to be down to a mixture of personal preference and partnering equipment to define which sounds better to you. Personally, I prefer the felt pads. They seem to have slightly less but slightly deeper, clearer bass with a little more resolution across the board.

Also these improve with plenty of hours of use, so you may prefer one pad to start with and another 100 hours in.
felt pads would be those without holes?

Dec 8, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #2,190 of 2,247
I received the QUAD ERA 1 with 2 pairs of leather pads and not the velvet pair, where can I buy it?
Just to check, the pads are only felt on the surface that contacts your head. The outside is leather. There should be two types, the all leather ones are slightly thicker and are tapered, so deeper at the rear than the front. The felt pads are a little less deep, felt on the surface that contacts the head and are not tapered.

Clear pictures of both types in this review:
https://www.headphoneer.com/quad-era-1-review-2023/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back