QUAD ERA-1 Thread
Jan 13, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #2,221 of 2,247
Are you using the standard cable?
Yes, I have not tried others as I am really happy with the sound. I did experiment with the pads and sonically, I prefer the felt. At the risk of being Head-fi executed for heresy, I spend all my listening time enjoying my music:)

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #2,222 of 2,247
Just listening to mine again and it's remarkable how much i still love what they are doing even now after having tried and sometimes bought a lot of other often more expensive headphones.

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #2,223 of 2,247
I believe that the standard cable of the quad is really excellent in terms of sound, I have tried 3 others, one copper ofc, another copper-silver and one custom cans copper litz and I must say that in terms of sound quality the standard cable of the quad for me is the improve.

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #2,224 of 2,247
My drivers in ERA-1 are dead (both !). Is there a replacement for example from Aliexpress which I could put in original earcups (confirmed fitting) ?
Headband and stock ear pads are mint and would like to save them because I cann't find buyer for whole set of parts.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 2:53 AM Post #2,225 of 2,247
My drivers in ERA-1 are dead (both !). Is there a replacement for example from Aliexpress which I could put in original earcups (confirmed fitting) ?
Headband and stock ear pads are mint and would like to save them because I cann't find buyer for whole set of parts.
Would they be the same with aftermarket drivers? I mean, isn’t that a key part of what makes them ERA-1s? If they’re out of warranty or bought seconds you might be able to get parts or repair from Quad for a price - worth a call?

Feb 6, 2024 at 5:04 AM Post #2,226 of 2,247
Devo solo dire che l'hamburger che ho preparato prima dei Quad è talmente buono che non posso che ripeterlo. È slammm, shhmakk, alti incredibilmente buoni, medi superiori, medi, e quando scende fino ai bassi infiniti, con una sfumatura sottile e definita, una gioia potente e piena di veri bassi, che si sente in tutto il corpo e nella testa, che sembra non mai rotola via!

Sono completamente sconvolto! In vita mia non ho mai sentito nulla che possa avvicinarsi a questo folle mondo di esperimenti cablati! Coloro che hanno degli assorbenti in giro devono provarlo! è completamente possibile provare senza incollare. Prova, rimarrai scioccato!

Hi, could you specify which pads these are? Thank you

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #2,228 of 2,247
my new clan audio cable for my beloved Quad Era 1 is on the way

IMG-20240128-WA0021.jpg

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #2,230 of 2,247
I often compare the quad era 1 to the arya v2, the quad is certainly narrower in sound but is fuller and more rhythmic, the quad has great headphones.
i guess you mean narrower in soundstage. i could live with less width, but what about soundstage height and depth and layering? could you or someone please tell what to be expected in these regards form the Era-1?

Mar 14, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #2,234 of 2,247
I second this.
Maybe it's a bit of mental bias ( for sure it is :ksc75smile: ), but I've yet to find an amp/dac that mess up the sound out of the Era-1.

Guess an unsuitable amp like my TA26 tube (for my VO) will screw down the quality. ^^

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #2,235 of 2,247
I wanted to share with you all that the LTA MZ2 amp breathed some no life in my Quad ERA-1s! It’s a really good pairing which is capable of producing holographic imaging on tracks where the spatial information is there.

I’d been using my Quads with some budget solid state desktop amps and pretty much lost interest in them, to the point that I was considering selling them. I read somewhere that they pair great with a Woo WA22, which I don’t own, but it got me curious about trying them with tube amps. I tried them first with a Woo WA3, which didn’t supply the current to make them come alive. Then I tried the LTA MZ2, and it was magic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back