QQ v3.0
Mar 30, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #646 of 780

Quote:
I'm thinking of getting some 'Apple' blue t-shirts with slogans such as...

I'm ignoring you

I know nothing

Buy something and leave

You know I'm sure there are some workers who do know what they're talking about but the ones who don't ruins it and sets up the stereotype. Same story with geek squad. If the 'geniuses' are really as bad as people say they are, then thankfully, I haven't had to deal with one... yet.

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #647 of 780
You know I'm sure there are some workers who do know what they're talking about but the ones who don't ruins it and sets up the stereotype. Same story with geek squad. If the 'geniuses' are really as bad as people say they are, then thankfully, I haven't had to deal with one... yet.

Most Geek Squad guys know more than most genii. From my experience.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #648 of 780

Quote:

Here's the thing. My Macbook Pro had died on the weekend. It wouldn't get past a black screen, wouldn't even boot up in safe mode.

So I take it to the Apple store first thing Monday morning  (I'm on leave so I have the time). When I get there the staff are flitting around with their iPads looking busy.
Those not engaged with punters are doing their best not to make any eye contact less they have to do something, or they're on some kind of power trip, like staff in some hipster bar who get more kicks from ignoring you than working.

When I finally find someone to talk to me, I request to book it in to be repaired.
"I'm sorry, you will had to see a Genius first."
"I know it's broken, I just want it repaired." I say
"I'm sorry" the blue shirt says "The earliest booking is tomorrow morning."

I return the next day. I'm greeted by a fresh faced blue-shirt clutching an iPad like they're the commandments themselves. "Good morning" I say and make my way to the desk at the back.

I perch myself on a stool and wait quietly... (you have to let them come to you, it's the only way to catch one.)

"Can I help you?"
"Yes, I've come to bring my laptop in for repair, I have a booking."
"Did you check in at the front?"
"Check in? I have a booking."
"I'm sorry, you have to check in first."

I give this blue-shirt my best withering gaze, but I have met my match and I'm suffering web-withdrawal, 72hrs and counting, so I go back to the front and check in. When I return to the back the blue shirt that told me to check in has now disappeared to the front.

I sit another ten minutes before being graced by a genius. I explain the problem and he proceeds to do the usual. He presses the Command, Option, P, and R keys all at the same. 
"You're trying to reset the PRAM" I say.
He looks at me at continues his diagnostic. At the end he announces that my mother-board will need to be replaced and I'll have to book it in to be repaired.
Deja-Vu I think.
 He suggests that I just buy a new Macbook Pro. I know that a same spec Pro will cost £2600 ($4100+)

"Let's try and fix it" I say...

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #649 of 780
I would be very mad  and demand to speak to a manager or something. Of course, I say that, but I would probably be my mild-mannered self and just go with the flow. But really, how do you claim that you have the best support and customer service and run people in a loop all the time? Yes, I prefer macs, but they should be happy that I paid the premium just to own the stupid thing, and therefore I expect to be treated like a god when requesting a simple repair. I neither support or hate Apple but sometimes... 
mad.gif

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #650 of 780

Quote:
I would be very mad  and demand to speak to a manager or something. Of course, I say that, but I would probably be my mild-mannered self and just go with the flow. But really, how do you claim that you have the best support and customer service and run people in a loop all the time? Yes, I prefer macs, but they should be happy that I paid the premium just to own the stupid thing, and therefore I expect to be treated like a god when requesting a simple repair. I neither support or hate Apple but sometimes... 
mad.gif

Alienware has pretty nice service.  They even ship you a packaging box and schedule a FedEx pick-up when sending your unit back in for service.  Turn-around time between shipping out and receiving back takes less than a week.
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #651 of 780
Sleep at 4AM, wake up at 10AM.

Decided to go to bed early last night.

Went to bed at 9PM, still wake up at 10AM.

QQ.

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #653 of 780

Quote:
Alienware has pretty nice service.  They even ship you a packaging box and schedule a FedEx pick-up when sending your unit back in for service.  Turn-around time between shipping out and receiving back takes less than a week.
biggrin.gif

If I wanted a gaming PC, I would probably just build one TBH, but I feel that if you have a physical store like the Apple store, a customer should be able to walk in, give them their broken product, and come back to receive it and pay for repairs. I think Geek Squad is this way, but I'm not sure since I've never dealt with them.

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #654 of 780
If I wanted a gaming PC, I would probably just build one TBH, but I feel that if you have a physical store like the Apple store, a customer should be able to walk in, give them their broken product, and come back to receive it and pay for repairs. I think Geek Squad is this way, but I'm not sure since I've never dealt with them.

Places like BestBuy and OfficeMax do all the repairs and send offs for you as long as you get their coverage.

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #655 of 780

Quote:
Places like BestBuy and OfficeMax do all the repairs and send offs for you as long as you get their coverage.

I suppose that's the same as Apple Care.

Apr 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #660 of 780

Users who are viewing this thread

Back