QQ/Complain thread. Complain about anything!!!
Jul 20, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #2,911 of 5,627

Quote:
I don't know if I've become tired of Head-Fi or just tired in general.  

Some threads are just the same s.h.i.t. day in day out. "Oh do Rev.1 sound the same as Rev.2?" repeated ad infinitum. "Are there two different T1's?" "Help a n00b find some headphones with lots of bass for under $150".

For the love of christ,  put on some music you enjoy and just relax. I'll be getting my HE-6 tomorrow. Will I be giving my impressions? Does it really matter? Really? I don't mind coming here and discussing new music I and others have discovered. But this endless angst over minutiae... "I'm using a Sabre chip" "I prefer an NOS".

rant over.

Which is why I don't go onto the equipment forums much anymore. I'll also give very brief impressions if I do give impressions at all and generally it pertains to the physical attributes of the headphones. I stay away from trying to describe sound because it's just too subjective, unless something is horribly wrong with it.

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #2,913 of 5,627

Quote:
I don't know if I've become tired of Head-Fi or just tired in general.  

Some threads are just the same s.h.i.t. day in day out. "Oh do Rev.1 sound the same as Rev.2?" repeated ad infinitum. "Are there two different T1's?" "Help a n00b find some headphones with lots of bass for under $150".

For the love of christ,  put on some music you enjoy and just relax. I'll be getting my HE-6 tomorrow. Will I be giving my impressions? Does it really matter? Really? I don't mind coming here and discussing new music I and others have discovered. But this endless angst over minutiae... "I'm using a Sabre chip" "I prefer an NOS".

rant over.

The Member's Lounge just ain't what it used to be.

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #2,914 of 5,627

Quote:
Does anyone remember the debacle concerning my attempts to purchase a headphone stand by SIMS Audio (I walked out of the store with naught but a trail of derisive laughter behind me)?

Well, I guess that wasn't misfortune - quite the opposite, actually. Today, I received something in the mail, but I couldn't remember ordering anything. Since it had my name (in English - this actually matters since I'm in Korea) and my phone number, I knew it was meant for me, so I accepted the package. What I found was the very same headphone stand. I immediately called my girlfriend b/c she was the only one who knew about this particular headphone stand (I told her about the events that day, and she lives close to that shop). She told me she found the stand on the internet (she's fluent in Korean, so she could search the web much more thoroughly than I could, though I did try the biggest Korean websites I knew including Daum and Naver) and bought it for me as a gift! I hung up the phone, got on the bus, went to her home, and took her out to dinner.

Better yet, I recently discovered that my uncle used to run a thriving headphone store (he sold it before retiring in Gangnam, the most luxurious district in South Korea), and he has a massive collection of headphones/headphone accessories. I'm visiting him tomorrow, and - quite frankly - I still can't sleep b/c I'm so excited. 

Heyyyyyyy Wait a minute.
This is a complaint thread, this sounds like something good happened!
redface.gif

Jul 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #2,916 of 5,627
Which is why I don't go onto the equipment forums much anymore. I'll also give very brief impressions if I do give impressions at all and generally it pertains to the physical attributes of the headphones. I stay away from trying to describe sound because it's just too subjective, unless something is horribly wrong with it.

head-fi.org est mort, vive le head-fi

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #2,919 of 5,627
[size=10pt]Just got my laptop back from warranty work, via FedEX[/size]
[size=10pt] DOA rhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh[/size]
[size=10pt]Wish ASUS  had “fragile " written on it[/size]
[size=10pt]Now, ASUS wants me to send pics, I hope I do not have to wait another two weeks[/size]

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #2,920 of 5,627

Quote:
[size=10pt]Just got my laptop back from warranty work, via FedEX[/size]
[size=10pt] DOA rhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh[/size]
[size=10pt]Wish ASUS  had “fragile " written on it[/size]
[size=10pt]Now, ASUS wants me to send pics, I hope I do not have to wait another two weeks[/size]

picts!

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #2,921 of 5,627
WOW!  Some people really shouldn't drive!

I was riding my motorcycle back from work today, jumped into an empty right lane just as the light turned green 30m from the intersection and opened up the throttle... just to have some idiot in an SUV make a right turn in front of me without stopping for his red light!  Good thing I knew that I was going to be ahead of traffic off the light that I turned into the left lane on reflex (your body reacts faster than your brain decides to do something), guess the rider training paid off and reflexes work, but oh did I ever want to hurt that idiot for almost killing me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back