Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Oct 23, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #2,071 of 2,153
Thanks for the help! Sorry I wasn't clear about my choice of streaming Qobuz. I am using the Qobuz application. I just noticed that emailing a "large" sized photo to a friend, the music choked again. My Metronet internet service isn't supposed to throttle, and no-one else in the house is on a computer. Maybe I should Metronet them after running some Internet speed tests. I certainly pay a premium for "premium" internet speeds. :dt880smile:
My two cents ot this issue.

I access Qobuz on a two year old PC, with Windows 11, 16GB RAM, 11th generation i5 and SSD C: drive connected in an NVMe M.2 slot. It is a medium-performance PC, suitable for normal use (excluding demanding games). I use the Qobuz Studio application for Windows, while doing other tasks (accessing web pages, reading mail, Office 365, processing pictures witn Adobe Lightroom Classic, etc.). The PC is connected to an external DAC via USB and I use ASIO as audio protocol (same outcome witn WASAPI exclusive)

The Qobuz listening experience depends mainly on two factors: the resolution of the music and the processor workload resulting from execution of other applications. With music at 16/44.1 it runs smooth and uninterrupted. Up to 24/96, interruptions occur when I run CPU-intensive background Lightroom tasks such as exporting images; the rest of the time it runs smoothly. At 24/192 interruptions occur frequently, but always associated with running other applications, so much so that I have limited the resolution of Qobuz files to 24/96.

Curiously, in the audio system I have in my living room, I use Qoboz on an iPhone and I have no problems even at 24/192 (iPhone > Lightning port > Apple USB adapter > DAC). I also have no problems playing local FLAC files at 24/88.2 or 24/96 on the PC with the Foobar2000 application. I have come to the conclusion that the Qobuz Studio app for Windows has performance issues in its Windows version, but I can live with them.

Oct 23, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #2,073 of 2,153
Yep, the Qobuz Windows app is not very well optimized for performance. I mainly use Audirvana for headphone listening, but use the native Qobuz app on occasion for my desktop speakers. The native app uses much more memory and CPU than Audirvana, and it will "studder" on occasion.

Oct 23, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #2,074 of 2,153
I use Qobuz with Roon and would occasionally run into latency issues when streaming to a Roon Bridge (in another room) from the Roon Core on my Mac (especially if others were streaming TV at home).

I’ve since purchased a used Intel NUC (for around $130), set up the Roon ROCK OS on it and I’ve yet to have any streaming outages or issues in my home. It’s Rock solid (pun intended) and was very simple to set up.

Oct 25, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #2,076 of 2,153
Is it just me or does Qobuz seem more than adequate on my iPhone 15 Pro Max with a dongle? Actually outstanding IMO.:smile_phones:
Listening to Qobuz on my iPhone + external DAC for two years, Outstanding too.

Oct 26, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #2,078 of 2,153
Listening to Qobuz on my iPhone + external DAC for two years, Outstanding too.
Finally tried Qobuz with my iPhone 13Pro Max, Chord Mojo2, and my Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser IE 600, and Dan Clark Aeon 2 Noir today. I was happy to find the Chord Mojo2 didn't seem to have trouble driving the Audeze LCD-2. I'm also pleased with the sound of the Sennheiser IE 600, and particularly like the DC Aeon 2 Noir while streaming Qobuz.

Now I have to delve into the Mojo2's settings and play with its other settings to fine tune the various headphones' sound. I don't suppose there is a way to save the profiles for each headphone is there???

DSCF1466.jpeg

Oct 26, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #2,079 of 2,153
Finally tried Qobuz with my iPhone 13Pro Max, Chord Mojo2, and my Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser IE 600, and Dan Clark Aeon 2 Noir today. I was happy to find the Chord Mojo2 didn't seem to have trouble driving the Audeze LCD-2. I'm also pleased with the sound of the Sennheiser IE 600, and particularly like the DC Aeon 2 Noir while streaming Qobuz.

Now I have to delve into the Mojo2's settings and play with its other settings to fine tune the various headphones' sound. I don't suppose there is a way to save the profiles for each headphone is there???

DSCF1466.jpeg
Mojo2 is such a versatile device, congrats for getting it. Sadly there's no way to save the EQ settings for each headphone, but your last settings will be saved when you power the device down and you will have them available when you power it on again.
Check out the Mojo2 thread for lots of great info and some trouble shooting in case you run into any issues. Enjoy the music!

Oct 26, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #2,080 of 2,153
About a year ago I downloaded the Qobuz app on my iPhone and wasn't impressed - found it too buggy for on the go use so I stuck with Spotify on my phone and the Qobuz Windows app when listening at home on my laptop.
Recently upgraded to an iPhone 13 and decided to download Qobuz again - pleasantly surprised to find it much more refined now and better to use. Guessing they've been busy with updates, as they should be, and looks like these have paid off.

Oct 26, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #2,082 of 2,153
Is it just me or does Qobuz seem more than adequate on my iPhone 15 Pro Max with a dongle? Actually outstanding IMO.:smile_phones:
I saw this in my interwebs X feed. Stupid, but funny (at least to me)…

1698357588611.png

… reminded me of Schiit dongle speculations

Oct 26, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #2,083 of 2,153

DSCF1466.jpeg
Do you use Roon? If so, you can set up EQ profiles in the Roon Arc app and easily switch to each while using Qobuz and sending to any DAC (including MOJO 2).

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back