Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Mar 28, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #1,981 of 2,145
I keep the basic Tidal subscription for its offline reliability but stream Qobuz for most things. I was concerned Qobuz library would not be as big as tidal but so far it's been about the same content.

Mar 30, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #1,982 of 2,145
Thanks! Just downloaded the new beta and so far so good. I have a huge part of my offline content to download so I will post an update after I get a good share of this done.

Mar 30, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #1,983 of 2,145
Just as one things comes good (downloads), something else goes wrong! In the last few days, since the 7.1.0.0 beta update, I'm getting a lot of play back glitches - at least 1 per track. If I rewind and play that bit again, there's no glitch. I'm using Qobuz on an iBasso dx240. Doesn't seem to be a cache issue as that's pretty much empty. I've also rebooted. Very annoying. Hopefully just a beta thing. I'll report to Qobuz.

Mar 30, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #1,984 of 2,145
Just as one things comes good (downloads), something else goes wrong! In the last few days, since the 7.1.0.0 beta update, I'm getting a lot of play back glitches - at least 1 per track. If I rewind and play that bit again, there's no glitch. I'm using Qobuz on an iBasso dx240. Doesn't seem to be a cache issue as that's pretty much empty. I've also rebooted. Very annoying. Hopefully just a beta thing. I'll report to Qobuz.
You might want to check the settings for cache size and location (as well as download storage location and quality). I have had hit and miss experience where the values were changed when I installed the new beta version.

Mar 31, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #1,985 of 2,145
You might want to check the settings for cache size and location (as well as download storage location and quality). I have had hit and miss experience where the values were changed when I installed the new beta version.

Thanks. I've now checked that but it's not changed. The glitch happens when the current track has finished buffering and the next track is beginning to buffer, judging by that pale buffering line. Happens on every track I play about 40 seconds from the end.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #1,986 of 2,145
Thanks. I've now checked that but it's not changed. The glitch happens when the current track has finished buffering and the next track is beginning to buffer, judging by that pale buffering line. Happens on every track I play.
Are you caching to internal storage or the sd card? I’m using internal and can’t get the error to replicate - will try again.

Mar 31, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #1,988 of 2,145
Are you caching to internal storage or the sd card? I’m using internal and can’t get the error to replicate - will try again.
Thanks. I've tried both. It only seems to happen on my iBasso dx240. There's a tiny drop out a moment after the lighter buffer line that runs in front of the time line of the track hits the end - about 50 seconds ahead of the end of the playing track on CD quality, and between 30 and 40 seconds on hi res tracks. I would guess this is exactly when the next track starts to buffer. Happens on every track. I can't replicate on my phone (S20). Seem a very specific problem...

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #1,989 of 2,145
Has anyone come across an issue renewing their subscription?
Qobuz web appears to accept my card details and then gives me a message 'Thank you for giving us your consent'. My renewal is rejected as the card is not valid. I was updating my details whilst on a trip to England and thought that may be the problem, but I've also tried since returning to the USA. I have tried different cards, different browser and different computer (and, obviously, different countries!).

Qobuz support are now not answering my emails as to the next steps.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 4.39.05 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 4.39.05 PM.png
    294.6 KB · Views: 0
Mar 31, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #1,990 of 2,145
Thanks! Just downloaded the new beta and so far so good. I have a huge part of my offline content to download so I will post an update after I get a good share of this done.
Well....knew that was too good to be true -

While the speed of the download process is dramatically improved, playlists are NOT completely downloading. The app sends a message that a download is complete but upon inspection, it is apparent all tracks are not there.

Restarting the download (download remaining tracks) does download additional content but doesn't always download ALL of the remaining tracks (even though a download complete message does appear). It seems that the download process always continue from where it dropped BUT never actually downloads the files...

Apr 22, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #1,993 of 2,145
I just registered for Qobuz in Canada. Entered card info, etc through the website. When I downloaded the app thru the Apple App Store and opened it and logged in, it only plays snippets…so I clicked on the “free trial” icon. Instead of starting my free trial, it prompts me to pay $17.99 instead of $12.99 because Apple wants their cut. I’ve already paid…I’m not paying again thru Apple. How do I fix this issue?

Apr 22, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #1,994 of 2,145

Users who are viewing this thread

Back