Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Apr 30, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #1,996 of 2,130
Offline releases stuck downloading on SR25 player. I have plenty of them downloaded and have been using Qobuz for a year and a half or so-it's not inexperience. Sometimes they will download. Often it just states "Import in progress" and nothing downloads at all. Not even a bit. Of course such problems weren't common before, at least some weeks ago. Not sure if it's this version of Qobuz at fault (6.10.0.0), the SR25, or both (the SR25 does not appear faulty at all, but it could be buggy software interactions.)

Doubt anyone can help, but if someone can, I would be most grateful. 🙏

Last edited:
May 1, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #1,997 of 2,130
Offline releases stuck downloading on SR25 player. I have plenty of them downloaded and have been using Qobuz for a year and a half or so-it's not inexperience. Sometimes they will download. Often it just states "Import in progress" and nothing downloads at all. Not even a bit. Of course such problems weren't common before, at least some weeks ago. Not sure if it's this version of Qobuz at fault (6.10.0.0), the SR25, or both (the SR25 does not appear faulty at all, but it could be buggy software interactions.)

Doubt anyone can help, but if someone can, I would be most grateful. 🙏
Update your Qobuz version. From 7.2.0.0 onwards downloads are fixed, or certainly way better. Could help...

May 10, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #1,998 of 2,130
Is anybody having issues logging in to the Qobuz app today (on Android in my case)?

May 10, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #1,999 of 2,130
May 10, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #2,000 of 2,130
May 10, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #2,001 of 2,130
Is anybody having issues logging in to the Qobuz app today (on Android in my case)?
Qobuz plays well on my M15 (Android)

May 10, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #2,002 of 2,130
Hmm, it just says 'Unable to initialize the connection'...! I wonder why :frowning2:
There's a Qobuz Club online community, and you can post in the "Help and Questions" area there to see if you can get some assistance. See the link below:

Home | Qobuz Club

May 10, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #2,003 of 2,130
May 12, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #2,005 of 2,130
Just seen a Reddit post saying bitperfect streaming coming with Android 14
This looks like the official confirmation, posted here: https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2023/05/android-14-beta-2.html
"Android 14 gains support for lossless audio formats for audiophile-level experiences over USB wired headsets. You can query a USB device for its preferred mixer attributes, register a listener for changes in preferred mixer attributes, and configure mixer attributes using a new AudioMixerAttributes class. It represents the format, such as channel mask, sample rate, and behavior of the audio mixer. The class allows for audio to be sent directly, without mixing, volume adjustment, or processing effects. We are working with our OEM partners to enable this feature in devices later this year."

This would be absolutely fantastic news for Qobuz on Android (though less good news for UAPP...), though it looks like it won't necessarily come immediately if I read the last line correctly. I had heard from Qobuz that they were working on bit-perfect on android, so maybe this is what they meant.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #2,007 of 2,130
I recently got a Qobuz Studio streaming subscription again.

Can anyone tell me why when playing a HI-RES 44.1kHz audio file, the sample rate button on my Mojo 2 lights up as orange, so 48kHz, instead of red = 44.1kHz?
Also, when I'm listening to a 96kHz audio file, the button lights up as indigo = 192kHz, instead of green = 96kHz
Playing 88.2kHz also lights up as indigo instead of the correct colour which is yellow.
When I am listening to a 192 kHz file, the button lights up indigo, correctly.
I am using the Qobuz App on my S23 Ultra.

PS: the sample rate button lights up correctly when listening to Qobuz via UAPP.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #2,008 of 2,130
I recently got a Qobuz Studio streaming subscription again.

Can anyone tell me why when playing a HI-RES 44.1kHz audio file, the sample rate button on my Mojo 2 lights up as orange, so 48kHz, instead of red = 44.1kHz?
Also, when I'm listening to a 96kHz audio file, the button lights up as indigo = 192kHz, instead of green = 96kHz
Playing 88.2kHz also lights up as indigo instead of the correct colour which is yellow.
When I am listening to a 192 kHz file, the button lights up indigo, correctly.
I am using the Qobuz App on my S23 Ultra.

PS: the sample rate button lights up correctly when listening to Qobuz via UAPP.
Your S23 will upscale everything to either 48 or 192. It's a problem baked into android usually referred to as sample rate conversion. UAPP bypasses this and plays bit perfect. The cheeky question, though, is can you hear any difference...

Jun 5, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #2,009 of 2,130
Using Qobuz app on Apple’s iOS (iPhone & iPad), connected to a Topping D30 Pro DAC, right sample frequencies are shown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back