Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Jan 11, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #1,081 of 2,130
Hi. I'm using Qobuz, USA subscripition. I just noticed that many Nine Inch Nails albums are missing (With Teeth, Add Violence, Bad Witch, The Slip, and others...) They were listed on Tidal(I was a subscriber until a few weeks ago), and are currently present on Spotify. I am quite sure those albums were listed on Qobuz, too, but maybe I'm confused :ksc75smile: Could somebody please check? It's just me, or are those albums really gone? Thank you.
Qobuz won't always have the same titles as Tidal. I found enough of my tastes not present on QB so I dropped. I did find, though, on a few artists that I could search by a song title, find it, and then get to the album that way. Try a few work around searches and see if you come up with some of the albums you seek. I found it odd that some of my album searches by artist name came up empty as did searching for the album name but if I could search/find a track then the album was present. Weird. QB is a great sounding service, their app is a buggy sumbeotch at times, but it's a great service. If I had more time I would subscribe to both Tidal and QB.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #1,082 of 2,130
Hi. I'm using Qobuz, USA subscripition. I just noticed that many Nine Inch Nails albums are missing (With Teeth, Add Violence, Bad Witch, The Slip, and others...) They were listed on Tidal(I was a subscriber until a few weeks ago), and are currently present on Spotify. I am quite sure those albums were listed on Qobuz, too, but maybe I'm confused :ksc75smile: Could somebody please check? It's just me, or are those albums really gone? Thank you.

I found 24 NIN albums, but none of the titles you mentioned. @dmackta is this a database issue or are those albums truly missing?

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #1,083 of 2,130
I found 24 NIN albums, but none of the titles you mentioned. @dmackta is this a database issue or are those albums truly missing?

I have found many Blues and Jazz albums missing in Qobuz. I have put in many requests in their "Release Request Form" weeks ago with no resulting additions yet. I am rethinking staying with Qobuz.

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #1,084 of 2,130
Of course there are albums "missing." No service can ever have every album that was ever released, it is impossible. If something is important to you, buy the CD.

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #1,085 of 2,130
I have found many Blues and Jazz albums missing in Qobuz. I have put in many requests in their "Release Request Form" weeks ago with no resulting additions yet. I am rethinking staying with Qobuz.

I think they've been adding thousands of albums to the USA service every week. As you know music must be licensed separately for each country. I've seen vast improvements in the USA service, or I wouldn't have dropped my UK account. @dmackta has been very responsive to questions about this over on audiophilestyle, and I expect we'll hear back from him here as well.

Jan 11, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #1,086 of 2,130
The missing Nine Inch Nails titles I think are distributed by Tunecore, who have not started delivering to us yet for reasons unknown. The contract with them was done many months ago. The Ronnie Earl is distributed by True North who we should have, it's difficult sometimes to get to the bottom of things. If we don't have a deal with a supplier, it can take many months to negotiate and sign, then sometimes even longer for the music and metadata to be delivered. I personally look at everything submitted via the customer request form. Half of the stuff gets deleted immediately because it is material that is simply not available digitally. Then there's the Bob Seger requests. I know we don't have but a couple compilations. We have made a formal presentation to Bob in order to get his blessing for Universal to let us have it. That's a very special case. And Curb Records, not sure why they aren't licensing us. Been trying very hard. But if folks only knew how this all worked... stay blissful, America.

Jan 11, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #1,087 of 2,130
The missing Nine Inch Nails titles I think are distributed by Tunecore, who have not started delivering to us yet for reasons unknown. The contract with them was done many months ago. The Ronnie Earl is distributed by True North who we should have, it's difficult sometimes to get to the bottom of things. If we don't have a deal with a supplier, it can take many months to negotiate and sign, then sometimes even longer for the music and metadata to be delivered. I personally look at everything submitted via the customer request form. Half of the stuff gets deleted immediately because it is material that is simply not available digitally. Then there's the Bob Seger requests. I know we don't have but a couple compilations. We have made a formal presentation to Bob in order to get his blessing for Universal to let us have it. That's a very special case. And Curb Records, not sure why they aren't licensing us. Been trying very hard. But if folks only knew how this all worked... stay blissful, America.
Thanks for the update. I think you may underestimate how much this type of feedback is appreciated by your customers.

Jan 11, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #1,088 of 2,130

Is there any likelihood of carrying the library form the 2xHD label? That's a big gap for me ..... :frowning2:(

Jan 11, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #1,089 of 2,130
Really torn between this and Tidal for HI-Fi service (I have LG phone with MQA). Last year, QB was missing quite a few selections i spot-checked... but they are now starting to fill them in. Particularly impressed to see virtually *every* underrated Greg Kihn release represented---blowing away Tidal's offerings for this artist. They also have full discography of Canadian Kim Stockwell, including my all-time favorite Xmas album that Tidal does not have.

Jan 12, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #1,090 of 2,130
So many useful answers, thank you.

The post made by dmatcha really helped me to better understand how this business works.

Bottom line: no problem with Nine Inch Nails, I've been buying vinyl, cds and hd-files since I first heard them (Quake OST...).

For other artists I'm not familiar with, I will check Allmusic and Discogs, just to be sure :wink:

Qobuz SQ is really great, and I will use this service for as long as possible.

Jan 13, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #1,091 of 2,130
Of course there are albums "missing." No service can ever have every album that was ever released, it is impossible. If something is important to you, buy the CD.

As a matter of fact, I do have a good start on my music collection ripped to my hard drive with over 3,000 albums/CD's I have purchased that are "important to me." I also would like to stream those important music files for convenience when I am unable to listen from my hard drive.

I have subscribed to Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon HD and Spotify Premium, and other than Qobuz, they all have excellent libraries of Blues and Jazz. And each has, for example, literally every album by Ronnie Earl and most of the artists and albums I listen to. Qobuz, however, is lacking in nearly half of his discography as well as many other albums I do not care to list here. Obviously when one subscribes to a music streaming service you would expect it to have a more or less equal library as its competitors.

On the other hand, I am hopeful Qobuz is able to expand their music selection enough for it to be worthwhile to stay with them, especially since they instituted their generous subscription discount in comparison to Tidal. Also, comments that they are actively working to increase their libraries is encouraging.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #1,093 of 2,130
Agreed. That's why I bought an annual sub. Some quirkiness in teh qobuz app was addressed, relatively quickly.

:L3000::L3000::L3000:

Jan 18, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #1,094 of 2,130
I've been playing with a piece of software call Audirvana haven't bought it, I'm just wondering if anyone here has tried this software? I'm playing though my favorites on Qobuz, seems to sound a little more refined or cleaner especially jazz can't really tell with pop or rock any of you guys own this software and would you say the 75.00 price tag helped with your listening experience. Thanks all

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #1,095 of 2,130
I've been playing with a piece of software call Audirvana haven't bought it, I'm just wondering if anyone here has tried this software? I'm playing though my favorites on Qobuz, seems to sound a little more refined or cleaner especially jazz can't really tell with pop or rock any of you guys own this software and would you say the 75.00 price tag helped with your listening experience. Thanks all
Well worth it especially if you stream to a different zone (the app allows you to do that easily) and if you use Audeze headphone (it can incorporate the Reveal plugin). It has some of the same functionality as Roon without having to pay $120 a year or $800 lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back