Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Dec 28, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #1,066 of 2,130
Dec 28, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #1,067 of 2,130
I used it with Roon and an iFi Micro iDSL BL.

Thanks. I'm finding 99% of the people who don't like MQA don't have MQA DACs! I read the ifi micro bl is great but I didn't have a chance to hear one. I'm using an Oppo 205 and will buy the Brooklyn DAC+ in a few weeks.

I have Tidal hifi and Deezer hifi subscriptions, Qobuz is not available here. Interesting to read that you prefer Qobuz to Tidal MQA since I find the latter really excellen.

Dec 28, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #1,068 of 2,130
Qobuz has been around much longer than Tidal (just not in the US) so it is puzzling why they still have bugs in their apps requiring many of us to use Audirvana or Roon for trouble free streaming. To their credit they do actually have customer service and their Windows app is much better than it was a year ago. At least Audirvana is only $75.
I use their desktop app on my Mac (an older iMac) and it works pretty well. I also use it with Audirvana and don’t notice much of a difference besides Audirvana allowing more control over the sound (ie. Plugins and such). Perhaps Qobuz is optimized for The Apple ecosystems. Weird.

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #1,069 of 2,130
Is anyone running the Qobuz Android app on a DAP or phone with a fast processor?

I use it on the M11. The app installs fine and once you give it permission for storage and set the SD Card path it works. I don’t use it for streaming at the moment, just to download and listen to music I purchased on the Qobuz store.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #1,070 of 2,130
The Qobuz app works fine on my desktop and my LG V30 Android phone. It sounds really good. I continue to go back and forth between Tidal and QB. QB does sound better but there's a lot missing from their catalog that I just have to have. Their UI is a little quirky at times but overall it runs well for me.

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #1,071 of 2,130
I use their desktop app on my Mac (an older iMac) and it works pretty well. I also use it with Audirvana and don’t notice much of a difference besides Audirvana allowing more control over the sound (ie. Plugins and such). Perhaps Qobuz is optimized for The Apple ecosystems. Weird.

Yup I read fewer complaints from Mac users about Qobuz. At this point I am pretty much wedded to Windows 10 because of the software I run other than audio.

Jan 4, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #1,072 of 2,130
Any advice to for getting Qobuz from unsupported country? I successfully registered my email via VPN but they rejected my Paypal and Revolut card when I tried to pay.

P.S. I tried "in" US because of current January offer.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #1,073 of 2,130
This generally works. Not sure what happened. Maybe trying signing up to Germany.

Jan 4, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #1,074 of 2,130
Any advice to for getting Qobuz from unsupported country? I successfully registered my email via VPN but they rejected my Paypal and Revolut card when I tried to pay.

May be they are looking for US billing address...not sure though

Jan 4, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #1,075 of 2,130

I think they've plugged the PayPal loophole. I used VPN to sign up and PayPal to pay for a UK account a couple years before the USA service launched, but later others complained they could not do the same thing. I no longer have the UK account, and am only on the USA service in the USA now, so can't help.

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #1,077 of 2,130
... for not pushing trash mainstream music on the front, and orienting more on serious stuff.
That's what killed it for me with Tidal...got tired of seeing groups that I don't like on the front page EVERY day...I mean if a subscriber never once listened to certain music, why would you keep putting them on the front page every time...

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #1,078 of 2,130
That's what killed it for me with Tidal...got tired of seeing groups that I don't like on the front page EVERY day...I mean if a subscriber never once listened to certain music, why would you keep putting them on the front page every time...

I couldn't agree more...

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #1,079 of 2,130
There's anyway of getting Qobuz from unsupported country?

Jan 11, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #1,080 of 2,130
Hi. I'm using Qobuz, USA subscripition. I just noticed that many Nine Inch Nails albums are missing (With Teeth, Add Violence, Bad Witch, The Slip, and others...) They were listed on Tidal(I was a subscriber until a few weeks ago), and are currently present on Spotify. I am quite sure those albums were listed on Qobuz, too, but maybe I'm confused :ksc75smile: Could somebody please check? It's just me, or are those albums really gone? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back