Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Jul 16, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #812 of 2,145
You can open a dispute with PayPal. Provide them with the facts and they will investigate. Go to help at the top of page. Then you get a search bar and type in "file a dispute". You will have a place to state all the facts. They will contact disputed party and get their end of it. Then they will review both statements and make a decision.

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #813 of 2,145
You can open a dispute with PayPal. Provide them with the facts and they will investigate. Go to help at the top of page. Then you get a search bar and type in "file a dispute". You will have a place to state all the facts. They will contact disputed party and get their end of it. Then they will review both statements and make a decision.
Thank you!

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #814 of 2,145
Thank you!

For your sake I hope you are correct. But for services like Qobuz etc the app is provided by the App Store and the subscription by the actual company providing the service. You signup, subscribe and unsubscribe through the Qobuz website. Not through the app or as you say through “Apple”. Apple has nothing to do with Qobuz.

Just like in the states Verizon provides my TV service. I subscribe through fhem and their website. Apple through the App Store provides the Verizon app to use but i don’t subscribe to Verizon through “Apple”. There is no manageable subscription to Verizon under my Apple ID.

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #815 of 2,145
For your sake I hope you are correct. But for services like Qobuz etc the app is provided by the App Store and the subscription by the actual company providing the service. You signup, subscribe and unsubscribe through the Qobuz website. Not through the app or as you say through “Apple”. Apple has nothing to do with Qobuz.

Just like in the states Verizon provides my TV service. I subscribe through fhem and their website. Apple through the App Store provides the Verizon app to use but i don’t subscribe to Verizon through “Apple”. There is no manageable subscription to Verizon under my Apple ID.

Thanks for the info.
Although that may be true, I was unsubscribed from the service and then resubscribed by qobuz(xandrie). Never used it outside of the trial period. Sebastien knows that.
Qobuz is a relatively small operation compared to Verizon.
I thought the app was clunky and limited. That’s why I cancelled.
I would have probably joined later on but now I don’t care how good it is or will ever be. I hope they don’t do this to some kid who $150 really matters to.
They’ve lost at least one customer for good.

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #816 of 2,145
Yes. Exactly. I could not find a way to cancel via the app at that time. I don’t know how the US app is currently set up.
I absolutely cancelled through apple.
100% confirmed.
Xandrie, qobuz’s parent company then resubscribed me apparently.

Could you post a screenshot of how the cancelation looked like? Just out of interest.

Because, I also only know this way. Again this is true for my German experience.
I only have some magazine subscriptions via Apple.

Jul 17, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #817 of 2,145

Incorrect.

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #818 of 2,145
This is great, thank you. Suggestion: the version of Rubberband Man included in the movie was the original, by the Spinners. That Voidoid cover does not sound quite right.

Come to think of it, Rubberband Man is on the Infinity War soundtrack. But still a Guardians scene, and still a good choice.

(The Spinners also covered O-o-h Child on one of their albums, but the version on the Guardians soundtrack was the one you selected, performed by the Five Stairsteps.)

Another suggestion: I think Ain't No Mountain High Enough should be a studio version, not a live performance. Yes?

Great suggestions, thanks. Feel free to add whatever you like.

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #819 of 2,145
Edit: at first I misread your post, and thought you were asking "how to add the playlist". How to add to the playlist? I don't think we can. So I'm collaborating here, in my next post.
I think you have to use the web app to add, not certain though.

Pardon my absence, we've had a tropical storm here and my internet has been intermittent.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #820 of 2,145
Great suggestions, thanks. Feel free to add whatever you like.

I think you have to use the web app to add, not certain though.

Pardon my absence, we've had a tropical storm here and my internet has been intermittent.

Welcome back, glad to see you've kept your head (and 'phones) above water! :) Wow, what a storm.

I figured it out: in any Qobuz app (desktop, mobile, or web), after favoriting the playlist I can search for more tracks and add them to that playlist, just as if it's one of my own playlists, via each track's ellipsis (three dot) menus. Also I can remove tracks from the playlist via their ellipsis menus. But that's about it.

When I added my suggestions and removed the cover versions previously there, I found I couldn't move the added tracks to the same places in the playlist. They are just added to the bottom. So to get the same order again, I'd have to re-add all tracks in that order.

In that way they are matching Tidal and no better. Also at one point I had to log out and back in just to get the Playlist to update. Not sure how other services work, but at that point I decided this is no fun and not worth the trouble. @Pro-Jules

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #821 of 2,145
Welcome back, glad to see you've kept your head (and 'phones) above water! :) Wow, what a storm.

I figured it out: in any Qobuz app (desktop, mobile, or web), after favoriting the playlist I can search for more tracks and add them to that playlist, just as if it's one of my own playlists, via each track's ellipsis (three dot) menus. Also I can remove tracks from the playlist via their ellipsis menus. But that's about it.

When I added my suggestions and removed the cover versions previously there, I found I couldn't move the added tracks to the same places in the playlist. They are just added to the bottom. So to get the same order again, I'd have to re-add all tracks in that order.

In that way they are matching Tidal and no better. Also at one point I had to log out and back in just to get the Playlist to update. Not sure how other services work, but at that point I decided this is no fun and not worth the trouble. @Pro-Jules

Thanks for the welcome back, and a big thanks for figuring it out! That's exactly what I was going for, and I agree - not worth the trouble. I do like both versions of Rubberbandman, but there is something to be said for authenticity. Oddly my wife likes the new version better.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #822 of 2,145
Thanks for the info.
Although that may be true, I was unsubscribed from the service and then resubscribed by qobuz(xandrie). Never used it outside of the trial period. Sebastien knows that.
Qobuz is a relatively small operation compared to Verizon.
I thought the app was clunky and limited. That’s why I cancelled.
I would have probably joined later on but now I don’t care how good it is or will ever be. I hope they don’t do this to some kid who $150 really matters to.
They’ve lost at least one customer for good.

Man, that is frustrating! If you subscribed to Qobuz by making an in-app purchase & unsubscribed thru Apple, but kept getting charged, you should be able to request a refund by contacting Apple using the Apple Support app in the iOS App Store. Once you download the app & log in, tap “Get Support”, go to “Billing & Subscriptions”, & then “Subscriptions & Purchases”. There should be a “Request a refund” option listed somewhere on the page. (Apologies if you already knew that info..) Hopefully, it was just a glitch & they will get it sorted out for you. As much as I enjoy my Qobuz subscription, an experience like yours would surely sour my opinion as well.

Jul 21, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #823 of 2,145
Is anybody else having sample rate problems with the windows app? The latest update of the windows app solved my lock up problems but I'm still having some issues with the sample rate being wrong. A lot of times the app will report it's playing at 24/192 and my dac says it's getting 44.1 or vice versa. That's just one example, there seems to be no pattern to it. I can add a song to the play queue and it switches to whatever rate the song I added is almost everytime, right in the middle of whatever it's playing atm. It also sometimes changes rate in the middle of a song for no apparent reason. I can force it to play the right rate by changing the maximum listening quality to something less and changing it back to 24/192. None of this is enough to make me stop using it, I'm more curious than anything - after all I get 44.1 stuff at 192khz quite a bit. Just makes me wonder what's under the hood so to speak, does Qobuz downsample to whatever rate it's supposed to be playing at? Because I get quite a bit of stuff at higher rates than whats available, 192khz on stuff that doesn't have anything higher than 44.1 listed as available. For hardware I'm running an old Dell Vostro 3450 i5 and a Topping D10 via usb.

Jul 22, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #824 of 2,145
Is anybody else having sample rate problems with the windows app? The latest update of the windows app solved my lock up problems but I'm still having some issues with the sample rate being wrong. A lot of times the app will report it's playing at 24/192 and my dac says it's getting 44.1 or vice versa. That's just one example, there seems to be no pattern to it. I can add a song to the play queue and it switches to whatever rate the song I added is almost everytime, right in the middle of whatever it's playing atm. It also sometimes changes rate in the middle of a song for no apparent reason. I can force it to play the right rate by changing the maximum listening quality to something less and changing it back to 24/192. None of this is enough to make me stop using it, I'm more curious than anything - after all I get 44.1 stuff at 192khz quite a bit. Just makes me wonder what's under the hood so to speak, does Qobuz downsample to whatever rate it's supposed to be playing at? Because I get quite a bit of stuff at higher rates than whats available, 192khz on stuff that doesn't have anything higher than 44.1 listed as available. For hardware I'm running an old Dell Vostro 3450 i5 and a Topping D10 via usb.
I have a similar issue on Mac OS and Windows, where Qobuz switches to a song with 24/192 resolution, sends that sample rate briefly, then switches the DAC back to 24/96 for no apparent reason, without the UI reflecting that. I also noticed that when I switch to a song with a different sample rate as the one before, the song starts playing, then briefly cuts out as the sample rate gets adjusted, then keeps playing. That couldn't work without some kind of sample rate conversion.
One of the many bugs that continue to plague the apps.

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #825 of 2,145
@Alcophone Glad to hear I'm not alone! I totally agree that couldn't happen without some sort of rate conversion. Mine does the brief cutout when switching to another song of a different rate also, but it's really short - less than half a second. Just long enough for me to look up or open my eyes to see what's wrong which totally destroys my immersion in the music for a few seconds. But hey, if we weren't willing to put up with some idiosyncrasies we probably couldn't call ourselves audiophiles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back