Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Sep 7, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #1,322 of 2,130
I used Tidal and have just moved to Qobuz. Tidal's functionality is far better than Qobuz but the SQ is vice versa, especially with classical music. I can stand by the stupid functionality but not SQ.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #1,323 of 2,130
Apologies if this has been covered before. I am currently running qobuz on my android phone all day connected to either a fiio btr5 or a jds atom dac and amp. Streaming this way kills my phone battery. Since I'm just sitting in front of a computer is there a way to shift to the imac as my digital audio player? Do I just connect the imac to either the fiio or the jds and use the desktop app? Any special settings I need in the imac? Thanks in advance.

Sep 20, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #1,324 of 2,130
Do I just connect the imac to either the fiio or the jds and use the desktop app? Any special settings I need in the imac?
The devices should be plug and play when connected on USB, with no special settings needed in the Mac system. In the Qobuz app, at the bottom right you should be able select the connected USB DAC as the output audio device. For best quality, set the volume control in the Qobuz app to maximum, and control the volume with your device).

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #1,325 of 2,130
The devices should be plug and play when connected on USB, with no special settings needed in the Mac system. In the Qobuz app, at the bottom right you should be able select the connected USB DAC as the output audio device. For best quality, set the volume control in the Qobuz app to maximum, and control the volume with your device).
Thanks. I was able to get it up and running. Any way to get a parametric eq working with the app?

Sep 23, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #1,326 of 2,130
Thanks. I was able to get it up and running. Any way to get a parametric eq working with the app?
I don't think native app has EQ but with Mac you can use Audirvana and tailor the sound with EQ

Sep 23, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #1,327 of 2,130
I don't think native app has EQ but with Mac you can use Audirvana and tailor the sound with EQ
Thanks. I stumbled on this solution but it appears to require a paid copy of Audirvana and Toneboosters which I suppose is worth the investment in the long rung but it's not a cheap solution for a little EQ.

Oct 23, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #1,329 of 2,130
Hi, Can someone confirm that if I load a micro SD with offline music, that I can later put that micro SD into a new DAP/Phone with my Quboz account and access the music? Thanks
Sorry, you can't do that. The "imported music" from Qobuz streaming is tethered to the app/device. If you want to move music between devices like that, it needs to be purchased.

Oct 23, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #1,331 of 2,130
But you can work through your music lists to re download to the device

Oct 23, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #1,332 of 2,130
Hello,
I recently purchased "Beethoven: 9 Symphonies (1963)" in HiRes after upgrading to Sublime+, which was actually my reason to upgrade.
(https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/b...lharmoniker-herbert-von-karajan/0002894793782)

As soon as I started to listen on my DAP, I discovered a problem with the audio, some kind of jump or gap. I noticed this on the very first track that I played. The mentioned problem is present in the FLAC and AIFF files (I downloaded both).

I just wrote to customer support to request a refund. I have been using Qobuz for a while for streaming, but this is the first time I buy from them, mostly because of Sublime+'s discount. I will update this as soon as I hear back from them.

Oct 24, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #1,333 of 2,130
Why buy anything nowadays when you can offline download the hi res files? Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon music HD all offer this.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #1,334 of 2,130
Why buy anything nowadays when you can offline download the hi res files? Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon music HD all offer this.

But you need the app and the subscription to listen to the songs, even offline. And you still need an Internet connection at some point after you've listened to the offline tracks, otherwise the app will stop you listening to the songs eventually.

I've been buying CDs of my favourite songs lately, and buying digital downloads from sites like 7Digital. I think it's safer to own the music you like the most. I tend to use TDIAL and Qobuz just for discovering new music.

Oct 24, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #1,335 of 2,130
Offline download tracks play without internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back