Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Dec 2, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #1,006 of 2,150
You lucky so and sos in the US! With an exchange rate of about 1.3 dollars to the pound - and much more than this before the Brexit lunacy - it already irks that you tend to pay the same in dollars as we do in pounds for much in head fi. But you're now paying 15 dollars to our 25 pounds for the same Qobuz service. I hope they can come up with a better deal for the UK.

On the Roon forum, someone posted this (unverified) message from Qobuz Support:

Dear customer,

Qobuz has launched the Studio Premier subscription in the United States for $14.99*.
This subscription is not yet available for other countries in which Qobuz operates.
This is a temporary situation, due to the ongoing negotiations with publishers in other countries.
Qobuz is working to harmonise its subscriptions and Studio Premier will be available in your country very soon.

Thank you for your confidence.

Best regards
And on Audiophile Style, a Qobuz rep said something about working with the labels to make family plans available by early 2020.

Can't offer anything about the exchange rate though, sorry. :)

Dec 2, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #1,007 of 2,150
So does anyone know if the price of $14.99 will stay after promo? Or is it to just acquire a larger subscriber clientele for now?

Dec 2, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #1,008 of 2,150
So does anyone know if the price of $14.99 will stay after promo? Or is it to just acquire a larger subscriber clientele for now?

"Offer limited until January 31, 2020 to the first 100,000 subscribers." https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers

Once you have it, you have it permanently (or at least until there's a general price increase, but I don't expect it would jump back to $24.99).

Dec 2, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #1,010 of 2,150
Sick of Qobuz.
Once again, I got the " It's impossible to play this track. Thank you for trying another playback format or a different track" message. Can't play any music from my offline library and the same playlists can't be listened to my qobuz on Wi-Fi with LG V 30. I deleted and reinstalled all playlists on the offline library a few weeks ago. Worked for a while and back to same old.
Tired of dealing with people from Qobuz telling me to remove app and start again...
Got a four month Tidal deal for $2/month. Need a MQA DAC in main system. Again lol
I also have the issue where it wont play much of my offline music. Sometimes the message is No Internet which makes no sense because it's supposed to be an offline solution...I have to admit, this could be a deal-breaker if its continuous...

I have to add that this is via my AK SP1000.

Dec 2, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #1,011 of 2,150
I also have the issue where it wont play much of my offline music. Sometimes the message is No Internet which makes no sense because it's supposed to be an offline solution...I have to admit, this could be a deal-breaker if its continuous...

I have to add that this is via my AK SP1000.

They contacted me.
Thanks for your email. I’m sorry to hear you are having this trouble with our service We have just pushed a new update for Android. This update is recommended for all users. Hopefully it will address the issues you are having.

Android 5.4.0 100% released with:
  • Fixing of issue in player which caused interference and listening interruption
  • Addition of a search field in playlists
  • Fixing of bug concerning adding tracks to collaborative playlists
  • Improvement of design and user experience
  • Bug fixes
Giving it another shot.
How is the Pavane? I was planning to use the Innuos Zenith with Lampizator Atlantic to run XLRs to headphone amp in diff room. No need for another streamer/DAC there.
No luck, no balanced outputs.

Dec 2, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #1,012 of 2,150
They contacted me.
Thanks for your email. I’m sorry to hear you are having this trouble with our service We have just pushed a new update for Android. This update is recommended for all users. Hopefully it will address the issues you are having.

Android 5.4.0 100% released with:
  • Fixing of issue in player which caused interference and listening interruption
  • Addition of a search field in playlists
  • Fixing of bug concerning adding tracks to collaborative playlists
  • Improvement of design and user experience
  • Bug fixes
Giving it another shot.
How is the Pavane? I was planning to use the Innuos Zenith with Lampizator Atlantic to run XLRs to headphone amp in diff room. No need for another streamer/DAC there.
No luck, no balanced outputs.
The Pavane is insanely good but I dont have another high-end DAC to compare with. It just plays music and I get totally immersed. I'm happy.

Dec 3, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #1,014 of 2,150
I’m happy with Qobuz and will stay with the service once my trial ends later this month. I was listening to New Order’s Power, Corruption, and Lies album in hi res yesterday and my speaker system sounded excellent. My only wish is for Astell&Kern to update the firmware on my AK240SS so I can use Qobuz—it’s listed in the Store menu on my 240SS, but it won’t connect.

There are still a lot of AK240 owners out there ...

Dec 10, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #1,015 of 2,150
hi

are there more people got that with new 5.4.1 is super slow on Fiio M11 ? it takes realy long time to show albums/playlist in offline libray in 5.3.0 every thing was fast but had big problem when you download songs that you cant play it because with error show null in laylist/album and now i try new update but this is soooo slow

after 5min it stil dont show playlist/ablums in offline libray when you have alot of albums /playlist download

Dec 10, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #1,016 of 2,150
hi

are there more people got that with new 5.4.1 is super slow on Fiio M11 ? it takes realy long time to show albums/playlist in offline libray in 5.3.0 every thing was fast but had big problem when you download songs that you cant play it because with error show null in laylist/album and now i try new update but this is soooo slow

after 5min it stil dont show playlist/ablums in offline libray when you have alot of albums /playlist download
Actually I no longer see anything in offline library on (EDIT) Qobuz and my R6 Pro. I can play offline albums that I have set as favorites, and imported, but the just don’t show up in my offline library. Very annoying. This, plus slow app will get me to cancel at the end of my annual subscription later this month.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #1,017 of 2,150
And when i hit 32gb of music i cant download any more music even i got 199gb left

Normal i use tidal hifi and there i 99% of time dont got any problem but with Qobuz just hell i never know if can lissen to music on go or not. So many bugs thy fix some and then thy add some

Thy realy need find new people to work on app

On tidal i can download non stop music even i hit 32gb

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #1,019 of 2,150
I wish A&K updated the firmware of my 240SS since Qobuz is listed as a supported streaming site, but it doesn’t work in the US.

Anyway, my trial is about to end and I’m pretty happy with the quality of sound, so I’m maintaining my subscription.

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #1,020 of 2,150
Qobuz sounds great. Their app is buggy on mobile players or devices. Running through UAPP is also buggy at times but sounds great. Selection seems a little off compared to Tidal but overall it's a good system. I'm going to keep Tidal and Qobuz for awhile and see if I need to eventually pick one. One thing, however, is confusing me. If I pick an artist I want to follow or download it will display their albums and some will be missing. Then I check with a track I know on a certain unlisted album and it will find it, go to album, and voila - there it is! I like that I can find more music that I like but why do I have to have 3 ways to skin this cat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back