Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Oct 17, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #1,878 of 2,156
Not that I’m aware of. You can only download via the app.
But the Android app doesn't play bit perfect :frowning2:

So what is the point of Qobuz...

Android app doesn't play bit perfect and goes through Android's 48 khz resampling.

Through UAPP, it plays bit perfect but no way to download music. This is practically useless as downloading a 192khz music again and again on each listen will consume stupid amounts of data.

Oct 17, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #1,879 of 2,156
This is practically useless as downloading a 192khz music again and again on each listen will consume stupid amounts of data.
Should be OK while using Wifi.
I always limit Qobuz to CD quality for cellular data even though it is unlimited.

Oct 17, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #1,880 of 2,156
But the Android app doesn't play bit perfect :frowning2:

So what is the point of Qobuz...

Android app doesn't play bit perfect and goes through Android's 48 khz resampling.

Through UAPP, it plays bit perfect but no way to download music. This is practically useless as downloading a 192khz music again and again on each listen will consume stupid amounts of data.
You could buy a DAP that circumvents the Android audio path. A&K, Hiby, Shanling, Cayin, etc. all use various forms of complete Android audio path bypass.
Tidal is the exact same here. Need to use the app to offline files to play. UAPP only able to stream due to no copy write protection implementations for Qobuz and Tidal.

No 3rd party app that I know of is able to allow offline playing of Tidal and Qobuz. Not sure about Spotify, they may have an API that can be implemented.

Oct 21, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #1,881 of 2,156
I REALLY like the quality of music that Qobuz makes available for streaming/download BUT the painfully slow rate at which music downloads is hard to deal with. It can literally takes several days to download a large playlist. I know it isn't the network or the device that has issues. Is there a way to download to a PC and then transfer over to an SD card?

Oct 21, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #1,882 of 2,156
Yes, download is slow, sometimes even playback is choppy, at least from phone/DAP.
I use Qobuz mainly via streamers (integrated through their apps, or from Roon, going to SOTA e-stats or speakers), not a glitch in playback.
Or directly through my Sony 5 iii phone, or ZX2 DAP (using wired and LDAC wireless headphones).
In every case I hear similar improvements vs. Spotify (and even Tidal), and differences between track resolutions still come through.
So IMHO no need to be obsessed with guaranteed bit-perfect playback - at least when it conflicts with convenience -, but YMMV.

Oct 21, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #1,883 of 2,156
Yes, download is slow, sometimes even playback is choppy, at least from phone/DAP.
I use Qobuz mainly via streamers (integrated through their apps, or from Roon, going to SOTA e-stats or speakers), not a glitch in playback.
Or directly through my Sony 5 iii phone, or ZX2 DAP (using wired and LDAC wireless headphones).
In every case I hear similar improvements vs. Spotify (and even Tidal), and differences between track resolutions still come through.
So IMHO no need to be obsessed with guaranteed bit-perfect playback - at least when it conflicts with convenience -, but YMMV.
I download 90% of my playlists to avoid those issues. I have a 1tb so card so storage isn’t an issue. I play almost 100% from the offline library. There’s a 45-90 second delay before music plays but that is probably because I have the music cache set pretty high to avoid choppy playback.

Oct 21, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #1,884 of 2,156
I REALLY like the quality of music that Qobuz makes available for streaming/download BUT the painfully slow rate at which music downloads is hard to deal with. It can literally takes several days to download a large playlist. I know it isn't the network or the device that has issues. Is there a way to download to a PC and then transfer over to an SD card?
Are you running Qobuz on Android?

I found the download speeds horrible after version 6 came out. I'm running on a version 5.20.0.1 apk and the downloads are way faster. Give that a try if you're on android.

Oct 26, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #1,885 of 2,156
Are you running Qobuz on Android?

I found the download speeds horrible after version 6 came out. I'm running on a version 5.20.0.1 apk and the downloads are way faster. Give that a try if you're on android.
Running it on a Fiio M11 Pro with Android 10. I will locate that build and give it a try

Oct 26, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #1,886 of 2,156
Likely has already been noted elsewhere in the thread but using UAPP on an android DAP or phone works very well with the integrated QoBuz, except caveat that downloads for off-line listening are not available.

Oct 26, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #1,887 of 2,156
Likely has already been noted elsewhere in the thread but using UAPP on an android DAP or phone works very well with the integrated QoBuz, except caveat that downloads for off-line listening are not available.
I like UAPP's Qobuz integration too. It would be impossible to stream Qobuz bit perfectly on Sony DAPs without it.

Oct 27, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #1,888 of 2,156
Running it on a Fiio M11 Pro with Android 10. I will locate that build and give it a try
So, I removed the sd card, deleted the current build, installed the 5.20.0.1 version, logged in and then re-installed the memory card. Unable to find my downloads even though they were there. Tried to import a different playlist - failed. Replaced the old version with the new one and still couldn't see/play downloaded tracks. Had to re-format the card and I'm now downloading all my music again...:triportsad:

Nov 1, 2022 at 5:11 AM Post #1,889 of 2,156
Hi everyone, I have an M11 first generation and I play all my local music stored on SD card with Poweramp. I love it.

I plan to subscribe to a streaming service for the first time, like Qobuz, Tidal or Amazon HD (still have to decide) and I'd like to know if there is a way to play all the music (SD card and streaming service) with the same player. It would be much more natural than having to switch apps, and also I'd be able to sort the music from the streaming service the same way I do with my local files. These services don't seem to bother sorting an artist discography by chronological order, which I think is a shame in 2022.

Do you know an app that can do that ? I think Poweramp doesn't integrate Qobuz and other streaming services, and I believe Roon and Audirvana only work with a Core on a PC, which I don't need because all my local files are stored in the M11 SD card.

Is there another solution for me ?

Thanks for your help.

Nov 1, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #1,890 of 2,156
Hi everyone, I have an M11 first generation and I play all my local music stored on SD card with Poweramp. I love it.

I plan to subscribe to a streaming service for the first time, like Qobuz, Tidal or Amazon HD (still have to decide) and I'd like to know if there is a way to play all the music (SD card and streaming service) with the same player. It would be much more natural than having to switch apps, and also I'd be able to sort the music from the streaming service the same way I do with my local files. These services don't seem to bother sorting an artist discography by chronological order, which I think is a shame in 2022.

Do you know an app that can do that ? I think Poweramp doesn't integrate Qobuz and other streaming services, and I believe Roon and Audirvana only work with a Core on a PC, which I don't need because all my local files are stored in the M11 SD card.

Is there another solution for me ?

Thanks for your help.
UAPP Pro will enable you to use one app for your stored files and to stream Qobuz and Tidal. Hiby will let you play your stored files and stream Tidal only. In neither app, though, will all your music, stored and streamed, appear in the same place - you'll have to toggle within the app. UAAP is probably the preferred option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back