Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Aug 28, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #1,846 of 2,130
Yes, thanks I did see that and then assumed both plans had equal (max) access to hi-res file library -- when I clicked into the Sublime specific page - the use of the word "entire" caught my attention as odd as it implies Studio could be limited (in some regard) for streaming

Keeping in mind that this service is based in France (English not being the native language), I read that as "The entire catalog is available for purchase at discounted prices.". I could be wrong, but that's how it reads to me.

Aug 28, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #1,847 of 2,130
Keeping in mind that this service is based in France (English not being the native language), I read that as "The entire catalog is available for purchase at discounted prices.". I could be wrong, but that's how it reads to me.

Thats a good point - marketing language is often confusing/conflicting by nature. I've not seen anywhere else (forums) anyone raising concerns that Studio catalog is limited vs. Sublime - so probably both equally/full catalogs.

Aug 29, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #1,849 of 2,130
Sep 19, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #1,851 of 2,130
Is it possible to download songs for off-line play to a micro-SD card on a PC and then transfer that card to my Fiio M11Pro and play music? Download speeds would me much faster on a 1gb internet connection vs WiFi.

Sep 24, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #1,852 of 2,130
Just made a purchase on QoBuz and notice they charge extra for using PayPal! is this something new? I am a Sublime member and don't recall noting this before, needless to say not a happy development for customers!

Sep 24, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #1,853 of 2,130
Just made a purchase on QoBuz and notice they charge extra for using PayPal! is this something new? I am a Sublime member and don't recall noting this before, needless to say not a happy development for customers!
How much did they charge?

Sep 24, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #1,854 of 2,130
$0.50 USD and 0.5% of purchase...

Sep 25, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #1,856 of 2,130
$0.50 USD and 0.5% of purchase...
That depends on the credit card and if it has foreign transaction fee and that can be like 3% or so as Qobuz is based outside of US

Sep 25, 2022 at 2:42 AM Post #1,857 of 2,130
That depends on the credit card and if it has foreign transaction fee and that can be like 3% or so as Qobuz is based outside of US
Perhaps, but I've made many purchases with PayPal from non-US shops without additional fees, and note there was no credit card referenced, as PayPal can take the funds directly from a bank account.

Sep 25, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #1,858 of 2,130
Perhaps, but I've made many purchases with PayPal from non-US shops without additional fees, and note there was no credit card referenced, as PayPal can take the funds directly from a bank account.
I think you're right. Paypal fees are paid by the shop that accepts this way of payment, and it is up to the shop to pass on to the buyer all or part of the fee charged by Paypal.

Sep 25, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #1,859 of 2,130

Many businesses in the US and other countries adjust their prices accordingly to compensate for the payment service fees in order to hide the fees from the customer. What that means is that even the rare cash purchase is paying more to offset the fees at these places. It would appear in this case that Qobuz (in France) has decided not to adjust prices for everyone to compensate for PayPal fees and instead asks the customer to pay those fees.

I've never purchased digital tracks from Qobuz but, I'd be interested in they also add fees at checkout for standard credit card payments as well.

Sep 25, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #1,860 of 2,130
Many businesses in the US and other countries adjust their prices accordingly to compensate for the payment service fees in order to hide the fees from the customer. What that means is that even the rare cash purchase is paying more to offset the fees at these places. It would appear in this case that Qobuz (in France) has decided not to adjust prices for everyone to compensate for PayPal fees and instead asks the customer to pay those fees.

I've never purchased digital tracks from Qobuz but, I'd be interested in they also add fees at checkout for standard credit card payments as well.
No they did not. When I encountered the additional cost for using PayPal I actually changed my payment method from PayPal to a credit card and there were no fees added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back