Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Jul 30, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #1,561 of 2,130
The org usb adapter from apple sucks. Only issues. The old one.
The new should work better:

When DragonFly (Black, Red, Cobalt) is connected to an iOS device using Apple’s older Lightning to USB Camera Connection Kit, I can hear clicks and pops in the background of the music. What should I do? In some rare instances, the combination of an iOS device in conjunction with the standard CCK and DragonFly Black, Red, or Cobalt causes a clicking in the background of the music.

Neither we nor Apple have been able to determine why this is, but, in circumstances where this occurs, we’ve found that using Apple’s Lightning-to-USB 3 Camera Adapter resolves the problem. In addition, this connector offers improved audio performance over the smaller unit and provides the ability to charge the attached iOS device while listening to music.

Aug 1, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #1,563 of 2,130
I'm having a problem with offline content. I have an ibasso dx300 with a 1 TB SD card and when I import albums to offline there will only be some of the tracks downloaded and while listening offline It starts skipping . I only have about 85 gb on the SD card and nothing on internal memory. It is also skipping on certain albums while streaming. Any help would be appreciated.

Aug 1, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #1,564 of 2,130
I'm having a problem with offline content. I have an ibasso dx300 with a 1 TB SD card and when I import albums to offline there will only be some of the tracks downloaded and while listening offline It starts skipping . I only have about 85 gb on the SD card and nothing on internal memory. It is also skipping on certain albums while streaming. Any help would be appreciated.

I would recommend that you contact Qobuz support about this issue, while you wait to see if anyone in this forum has any insight. That way, at least they can open a ticket to see if they can reproduce the issue and maybe address it in an upcoming release.

Aug 1, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #1,565 of 2,130
I will do that. Ive been trying to figure out if it's the app, the SD card, or the dx300. I don't feel like it is the dx300. I may go to Tidal just to see. I am in between moving houses and I have to have my offline music. I can't take this skipping crap. I really don't want to move to Tidal because I moved from Tidal to Qobuz but I have to have my music.

Aug 1, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #1,566 of 2,130
That's a problem I've seen with the Qobuz app. It will just hit a glitch in the download and skip some of the songs from the album you are offlining. I usually just delete the offline failed song content and re-download and then it will usually succeed the 2nd time. You can try the whole album again to save clicks, but I sometimes have done that and then other tracks get missed, lol. So I just do each failed track individually. You can see what tracks by the track quality label in the offline tab. The ones that failed won't have labels as to whether its 'Hi-Def' or 'CD', for example. Seems to be an ongoing bug with Qobuz, but can easily (but annoyingly) worked around.

Aug 8, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #1,567 of 2,130
20210808_234413.jpg

How das that work? Or is it a visual bug of my Lumin?

Aug 9, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #1,568 of 2,130
I imported an album on qobuz and it was skipping. I deleted the album and tried to re import it and now it rushes through the download and isn't on my offline list. Also i tried to swap back to internal storage to see if anything changed but it says your storage space is not sufficient. When I mean rush through I mean like 30 seconds. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #1,569 of 2,130
I imported an album on qobuz and it was skipping. I deleted the album and tried to re import it and now it rushes through the download and isn't on my offline list. Also i tried to swap back to internal storage to see if anything changed but it says your storage space is not sufficient. When I mean rush through I mean like 30 seconds. Can anyone help?
I have the same issue on my Shanling m8, hope Qobuz will fix it in the next update. Unfortunately, Qobuz is not suitable for listening to music offline on android daps at the present moment. If they don't fix the situation in the nearest future, I will have to cancel my annual subscription

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #1,570 of 2,130
I have the same issue on my Shanling m8, hope Qobuz will fix it in the next update. Unfortunately, Qobuz is not suitable for listening to music offline on android daps at the present moment. If they don't fix the situation in the nearest future, I will have to cancel my annual subscription
I have gone back to tidal. It was taking forever to import my music too. Tidal was no problem. Offline is crucial for me so I couldn't wait.

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #1,571 of 2,130
Apparently both mobile and desktop apps need more work. I may go back to Apple Music when current subscription expires...

Aug 13, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #1,572 of 2,130
Apparently both mobile and desktop apps need more work. I may go back to Apple Music when current subscription expires...
I hate qobuz isn't working for you guys but at the same time I am glad it isn't just me! Lol. I deleted the app and re downloaded with a strong wifi signal and it seemed to work better but for how long. It's a shame because I like qobuz. It's been a while since I had Tidal but I must say I am enjoying it. Albums are downloading much faster and it sounds great. It's weird that I didn't like the sound with my lcdx on qobuz but with Tidal I am enjoying it much more. If I have wifi I use uapp but if not I listen offline and it sounds great. It seemed with qobuz the highs were to piercing but it isn't that way so far on Tidal. Weird. It could all be in my head because it's been a little while since I've listened to my lcdx. I've been rocking my Mest mk 2!

Aug 18, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #1,574 of 2,130
Can someone help me check whether they can reproduce problems on these tracks (using highest quality)?

Primavera I: The Wind by Matt Haimovitz
Track 2 Suolo @ 02:40
Track 3 The Crocus Palimpsest @ beginning

This Is All Yours by Alt-J
Track 12 Bloodflood pt. II @ 03:12

I can 100% reproduce these issues (muted/can't start) on all my devices (1 Android phone, 1 DAP, 1 PC) at these timestamps. Clearing the cache doesn't help. Changing format solves the problem. All these symptoms point to corrupted files on the servers. I've created a ticket on Qobuz, hoping they can clarify.

Edit: Just cleared cache and they can play now. But some other songs appear problematic again, and across all my devices. Same as before, clearing cache does not work for them. Another observation is that using UAPP there's no problem, so this might actually be related to Qobuz apps. Certainly frustrating. For now I'll stick to UAPP.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #1,575 of 2,130
Can someone help me check whether they can reproduce problems on these tracks (using highest quality)?

Primavera I: The Wind by Matt Haimovitz
Track 2 Suolo @ 02:40
Track 3 The Crocus Palimpsest @ beginning

This Is All Yours by Alt-J
Track 12 Bloodflood pt. II @ 03:12

I can 100% reproduce these issues (muted/can't start) on all my devices (1 Android phone, 1 DAP, 1 PC) at these timestamps. Clearing the cache doesn't help. Changing format solves the problem. All these symptoms point to corrupted files on the servers. I've created a ticket on Qobuz, hoping they can clarify.

Edit: Just cleared cache and they can play now. But some other songs appear problematic again, and across all my devices. Same as before, clearing cache does not work for them. Another observation is that using UAPP there's no problem, so this might actually be related to Qobuz apps. Certainly frustrating. For now I'll stick to UAPP.

I have noticed on the PC app that occasionally a track will just stop playing and the play button with be the circular spinning arrow as if it's not connected to the network source. When that occurs, I just refresh the app (CTRL+R) and it works again, and it's not something that happens on the same track with multiple plays.

I hope your issues get addressed and I hope the Qobuz team responds to your ticket to satisfaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back