Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Sep 15, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #1,591 of 2,150
I use import/offline only infrequently, but haven't had any issues with it on my Samsung Galaxy S10. I suspect that there may be compatibility issues with the SR25 which has a modified Android system.

You can also report problems in the Qobuz Issues thread on AudiophileStyle. It is followed by Qobuz staff.
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/46611-official-qobuz-issues-thread/

Sep 15, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #1,592 of 2,150
I use import/offline only infrequently, but haven't had any issues with it on my Samsung Galaxy S10. I suspect that there may be compatibility issues with the SR25 which has a modified Android system.

You can also report problems in the Qobuz Issues thread on AudiophileStyle. It is followed by Qobuz staff.
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/46611-official-qobuz-issues-thread/
I did use the forum last evening, though my issue was seemingly ignored. A friendly Qobuz support team member is trying to assist now, though I think his task will be difficult.

It seems new imported album/releases tracks are often "replacing" and deleting older successfully imported tracks, and that is why I am experiencing missing album tracks offline. While importing new releases, some random, prior tracks get deleted for no apparent reason. I use a 1TB SD card as storage medium, and space is of no concern right now.

The two albums I cannot get the software to make visible as offline albums remains unexplained-after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, those two albums are always invisible, and only accessible through favorites (better than having to search for them manually, of course.)

Thanks for your kind suggestion! Be well.

Sep 16, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #1,593 of 2,150
Blame my SR25 all you want, Qobuz 6.3.0.1 keeps deleting imported offline tracks while offline. The app goes haywire with "Error. Could not complete the operation" and "Internet Connection not available" (meaning the app just killed off a few tracks from its cache, destroying random albums as it did.) It is not a practical app at this rate, and not worth it. It is even stressing to use it on the go. Just now as I typed this it killed another track. It's near garbage software, and I say it upset but also with a bit of sadness, as Qobuz seemed "the best", killed by horrible software implementation.

Pay people to do better. Spend so you can earn Sorry for my tone. If the others can, you can do it even better. Try harder.

Be well.

Sep 16, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #1,594 of 2,150
Blame my SR25 all you want, Qobuz 6.3.0.1 keeps deleting imported offline tracks while offline. The app goes haywire with "Error. Could not complete the operation" and "Internet Connection not available" (meaning the app just killed off a few tracks from its cache, destroying random albums as it did.) It is not a practical app at this rate, and not worth it. It is even stressing to use it on the go. Just now as I typed this it killed another track. It's near garbage software, and I say it upset but also with a bit of sadness, as Qobuz seemed "the best", killed by horrible software implementation.

Pay people to do better. Spend so you can earn Sorry for my tone. If the others can, you can do it even better. Try harder.

Be well.
Read somewhere (sorry don't remember where...) that you should use Qobuz V5.19.1.2

Sep 16, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #1,595 of 2,150
Read somewhere (sorry don't remember where...) that you should use Qobuz V5.19.1.2
Thank you-sorry for my tone, I am very frustrated with Qobuz because a feature they do advertise just like their competitors does not work at all. If it happened with the other apps, I would happily blame my device-but the other apps do not self delete offline tracks like that.

I will try it once I arrive home to my stable wifi connection. Sad that the latest software is actually worse.

If the older version fixes the odd software behavior it would truly be a win for Qobuz and myself.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #1,596 of 2,150
Version 5.20.0.1 fixed mostly everything I cared about-haven't tried 5.19.1.2 yet, linknet. However, you were the first one to suggest to me to go back to an older version. Very grateful indeed.

Imports are faster, less errors and slowdowns. No vanishing tracks so far. It seems version 6 killed the app as far as my SR25 is concerned, at least. Version 5 is the way to go for my device.

Buggy software can leave a sour taste! I am likely staying with Qobuz after experiencing a much better app now, but would have definitely left if V6 was the best it could do. Thanks to everyone that tried to assist.

Sep 17, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #1,597 of 2,150
Version 5.20.0.1 fixed mostly everything I cared about-haven't tried 5.19.1.2 yet, linknet. However, you were the first one to suggest to me to go back to an older version. Very grateful indeed.

Imports are faster, less errors and slowdowns. No vanishing tracks so far. It seems version 6 killed the app as far as my SR25 is concerned, at least. Version 5 is the way to go for my device.

Buggy software can leave a sour taste! I am likely staying with Qobuz after experiencing a much better app now, but would have definitely left if V6 was the best it could do. Thanks to everyone that tried to assist.
Happy that it works😀
Here is the link to the FAQ (1st one) which shows the last APK version of the different apps we should use with "every" AK players:
https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/content/support/faq/list.asp

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #1,598 of 2,150
Happy that it works😀
Here is the link to the FAQ (1st one) which shows the last APK version of the different apps we should use with "every" AK players:
https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/content/support/faq/list.asp
Thank you for that list!

So far minor glitches where I have had to restart the app, but compared to what was happening before, it's nothing. If I have lots of trouble during my NYC commute tomorrow, I may go for the one A&K themselves recommend. But so far, no vanishing tracks, and only have had a few issues importing some releases tracks probably because I overwork the Android OS. But the previous disappearance of tracks was ghastly, and it's now solved, thankfully.

Were I to keep having glitches, I will surely try it, though it's a minor annoyance to reimport the releases. At least now they download fast!

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #1,599 of 2,150
linknet,

Indeed I ended up sticking with A&K's "supported" suggestion as to which version to use (V5.19.1.2) for the SR25, as less than an hour later after my previous post I had a few tracks missing from my first imported albums, and wanted to avoid stress during my commute the next day. Indeed V5.20 is better than V6, but V5.19.1.2 ended up being the most stable, as I have been commuting all day long, just got home, used the player almost non stop, and no tracks have been missing. Even with a few hiccups when the system detects wifi from the subway stations (granted about 3 all day long), in which audio pauses for a second-and in which time I thought a track was going to be lost-that version is rock solid. Works well and a bit faster than 5.20. So yes, I can also double down on that recommendation-the SR25 can enjoy Qobuz, but mostly with the recommended version-the latest is a mess in comparison, as far as the SR25 is concerned.

Perhaps for my Samsung Note 9 the Qobuz V6 will work fine (and it does not sound too bad even despite the Qualcomm CPUs, just a bit bright which sometimes is good... also not as much power as the A&K), but most of my music playing will come from the SR25 moving forward, relying on the phone only when it is more convenient.

Thanks a lot for your help. No missing tracks meant I was able to listen to a whole opera without missing tracks, and the non classical albums were also intact. I no longer have to worry about an incomplete musical experience.

(Wish there was a way for the latest versions to be "the best" for every device, not just the most powerful Android systems.)

So SR25 users, use whatever A&K recommends for Qobuz, so you get a much better user experience. I was going to quit the service just because how bad the latest app is!

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #1,600 of 2,150
For Studio Sublime subscribers, has it worked out financially for you? I got an email from Qobuz as I've recently become a Studio Premier subscriber. However, over the last 18 months I have purchased hundreds and hundreds of songs from the Qobuz Store, most in CD quality and some in Hi-Res. As I do plan on buying more music over the years, I was wondering if the discounts for Hi-Res songs for Sublime subscribers could be beneficial.

Sep 30, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #1,601 of 2,150
Has anyone else noticed the Qobuz Mac app suddenly doesn't lag anymore? It was a pleasant surprise!

Sep 30, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #1,602 of 2,150
For Studio Sublime subscribers, has it worked out financially for you? I got an email from Qobuz as I've recently become a Studio Premier subscriber. However, over the last 18 months I have purchased hundreds and hundreds of songs from the Qobuz Store, most in CD quality and some in Hi-Res. As I do plan on buying more music over the years, I was wondering if the discounts for Hi-Res songs for Sublime subscribers could be beneficial.
I guess if you are going to purchase hundreds of songs again, the savings would offset the extra Sublime sub fee?

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #1,603 of 2,150
I use Qobuz Sublime.
The Qobuz app itself is often buggy for streaming.
I tend to use Roon for streaming/discovery and use Qobuz Sublime for purchases and organize with JRiver Media Center v28.
Also have Spotify Family...for the family.

Sep 30, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #1,604 of 2,150
I use Qobuz Sublime.
The Qobuz app itself is often buggy for streaming.
I tend to use Roon for streaming/discovery and use Qobuz Sublime for purchases and organize with JRiver Media Center v28.
Also have Spotify Family...for the family.
That's how I use Qobuz too, when Qobuz desktop app was lagging and unusable for me. But with Qobuz app running smoothly now, I may not keep Roon when renewal comes.

Oct 8, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #1,605 of 2,150
Can someone explain what the deal is with the android app and bitperfect. I have two DACs that display input resolution via LED lights, an iFi Zen DAC and a Hidizs S9 Pro. They both correctly indicate 24/192 content when playing from the Qobuz app. Are they false positives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back