QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP
May 14, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #587 of 753
Sorry, a silly overnight on my part... I transformated FLACs into WAVs, but copied the original folders into the sd card...

May 20, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #589 of 753
This player looks very interesting!  I like how it compares favourably to both the X5 and the DX90 since I found myself liking but not loving both.  I loved how smooth and textured the X5 sounded but hated how the treble sounded along with how congested it sounded.  For the DX90, I loved the level of detail and wide soundstage but hated how flat it was in return.

It seems to be a very compelling choice to make between the X5-II and the QA360 since the Massdrop is ending today and since the X5-II is supposed to come out next month.  I wonder how this player sounds compared to the new AK players?

Also, is there a video of how the UI works?  I am mostly a shuffle all type of guy and I was wondering whether or not this would still be possible.

May 20, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #590 of 753
This player looks very interesting!  I like how it compares favourably to both the X5 and the DX90 since I found myself liking but not loving both.  I loved how smooth and textured the X5 sounded but hated how the treble sounded along with how congested it sounded.  For the DX90, I loved the level of detail and wide soundstage but hated how flat it was in return.

It seems to be a very compelling choice to make between the X5-II and the QA360 since the Massdrop is ending today and since the X5-II is supposed to come out next month.  I wonder how this player sounds compared to the new AK players?

Also, is there a video of how the UI works?  I am mostly a shuffle all type of guy and I was wondering whether or not this would still be possible.

Very simple UI but lots of customization choices. I use mine in shuffle mode about 90% of the time. VERY nice SQ!

May 20, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #591 of 753
Very simple UI but lots of customization choices. I use mine in shuffle mode about 90% of the time. VERY nice SQ!

Great!  I see a lot of people using WAV firmware.  Is this required?  I have a lot of MP3/FLAC files that I really don't want to convert to WAV.

Also how does it sound with your K10U's?  I have custom K10's and I was looking for something that sounds smoother while still being detailed.  I found DX90 bass impact to be good but a bit too boomy and undetailed.

May 20, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #592 of 753
Great!  I see a lot of people using WAV firmware.  Is this required?  I have a lot of MP3/FLAC files that I really don't want to convert to WAV.

Also how does it sound with your K10U's?  I have custom K10's and I was looking for something that sounds smoother while still being detailed.  I found DX90 bass impact to be good but a bit too boomy and undetailed.

There are 4 versions of firmware that you can easily swap between. Changing firmware only takes about 30 seconds! I have one card full of wav files as I owned a Tera-Player and that was all it would play. The wav-only firmware sounds really fine, but when I want to play some of my non-wav files, I just change the firmware. The firmware files are very small and I got all 4 on one old 512 mb card with lots of room left over.

My K10U is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I am ready with my favorite test files. I mostly use my K3003 or PM1 with the 360, but I am sure that will change with the K10.

EDIT: My K10's arrived today and, YES, the QA360>K10 sounds outstanding!

May 21, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #593 of 753
I've been listening to P90SD and Pono quite a bit lately, really enjoying them, haven't listened to QA360 for a while, and just had a listen, and WOW I'm hit with so much effortless detail and transparency (Yes I actually had a wow moment lol). For a while I thought I was searching for the perfect dap, but I've realized nearly every new dap I get has it's own character and I love them all equally! I'm a dapaholic. And yes I have already ordered another new dap to play with 
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #595 of 753
They both have enough power to drive pretty much anything well. Soundstage width is 360's weakest aspect, but depth is it's strongest aspect. P90 is similar in that it ha narrow sound stage, but has a thicker more textural sound that the lighter brighter touch of the QA360. For nice sound stage you should also consider the Pono, it has a airy soundstage.

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #598 of 753
It definitely looks fatter than the X5 but the length and width look about equal.  Actually looking at the dimensions of each player, the QA360 is almost twice as fat as the X5.  However I love the way it looks and having seen some videos of the snappy UI, it looks promising.

Do you guys recommend categorical browsing?  I usually like to go Artists -> Album -> Songs and other times I like just shuffling all my songs.  Would this be easy on the QA360?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back